VW Bora - AdyBeee
Hi all,
I'm thinking of buying a VW Bora. 2.3 V5. I've goggled it but can't find out if they are 150 or 170BHP.
Does anyone know ?

AdyBee...
VW Bora - AdyBeee
Thanks for all you helpful replies dudes.
VW Bora - Xileno {P}
Why don't you look in the Car-by-car Breakdown? Then you would see it can be 150bhp or 170bhp.
VW Bora - Matt A W
They are both - it depends on the age of the car. I think they all changed to 170bhp in 2001. If the V5 badge on the car has a red '5' then it is the 170bhp model, the 150bhp has an all silver one. Also easy to tell if you lift the bonnet. The 150bhp engine has HT leads, the 170bhp doesn't as it uses individual coil packs. Hope this helps
VW Bora - Stuartli
Cracking Q car. Mine's "only" the 1.6 Bora but at least the insurance group is only six...:-) My 1.6 Jetta TX was in group 10.

By the way, out of curiosity, do any Bora owners in the forum have headlamps which feature an "eyelid"?

Mine has them but I've never seen another Bora with them. Mine's a November 1999 V-reg with the 2000 year specification, but no others of this particular era have this headlight feature. Even a T-reg I spotted this morning in the Tesco car park had the straightforward headlights.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
VW Bora - Adam {P}
What do you mean Stuart? My next door neighbour's just got a 54 plate Bora so I'll have a look.
--
Adam
VW Bora - Stuartli
Instead of the (apparently) normal Bora headlights shape, mine have a top "eyelid" which is triangular shaped, the thickest end of which is at the centre of the bonnet and tapering in towards the front wings.

The headlamp itself is shaped to accommodate the "eyelid", instead of the top and bottom of the light being level throughout.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by