Help! 3rd Starter Motor in a yr. Laguna - johnny
98 Laguna 1.6
What's causing my starter motor to fail after only a couple of months? They're expensive to fit as they're tucked away under the driveshaft.

Help! 3rd Starter Motor in a year - johnny
... and since its due an MOT, new front pads and disks and work to suspension balljoint, is it time to say goodbye? Any idea what sort of trade in I could expect in its present state. 74000 miles, key scratch and small dent below rear light.
Help! 3rd Starter Motor in a year - storme
1st of all,,lagunas have a terrible trade in value....

2nd,,,when you say "starter motor is failing",,what do you mean,,,just stopping working??,,,or the bendix being damaged.??...if the teeth have been damaged beyond repair on the starter motor,,it suggests that the flywheel is damaged
if the motor is being burnt out,,it suggests tooooo tight a fit and too much pressure on the motor,,and if its not tooo tight,,,then maybe there is too much power going to it and burning out the motor ???
Help! 3rd Starter Motor in a year - Simon
Are the ones that have been fitted under any kind of warranty?
Help! 3rd Starter Motor in a year - johnny
garage did a bench test on the old one, it seemed to be drawing a lot of power as the wire was hot to touch. Suspect the same has hapenned to the new one, but it's only been fitted about 2 months. I supplied my own motor for the garage to fit ( Hella) from GSF which makes it a bit of a bore from the warranty point of view.