Someone wants to buy my Alfa - BazzaBear {P}
What do you reckon, is he genuine?

Dear James,
Thanks for the mail, I will like to know your last price with the present conition of the car, I am from west part of africa.
Await your mail,
Regards,
Pastor Marrons.

Dont worry about shipping......I will handle it myself

I mean: He's a vicar, so he must be honest, right? :D
Someone wants to buy my Alfa - VTiredeyes
falls off chair laughing so hard.........

bet your looking forward to a massive cheque from western union
;-)
Someone wants to buy my Alfa - mike hannon
If this 'pastor' was French, I'd say he was trying an old chestnut (look in the dictionary...)
Someone wants to buy my Alfa - Stuartli
One of the many scams eminating out of Africa...:-)

You are not the first and you won't be the last to receive such an "offer".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Someone wants to buy my Alfa - GreatestDancer
I don't believe it! This guy is supposed to be buying my car too!! I've given him all my bank details (strange he needed to know my card number and pin just to deposit money into my a/c?) and i'm waiting for the money - not sure how he'll get the ship to my house to collect the car, perhaps up the thames??

Cheers Rich
Someone wants to buy my Alfa - Stuartli
I can beat that - I'm the new head of the SouthTrust Bank#s UK division on a fabulous salary and my salary goes into my bank account from the beginning of March....:-)

They should plishing hang up the scum who devise such methods but, as always, where there's money there's always a fiddle.

It took the bookmakers long enough to beat the fraudsters...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Someone wants to buy my Alfa - Ian (Cape Town)
That the majority of cars in Lagos are LHD ones which still have Belgian and German 'dealer' stickers on the windows. (and B and D naytional ident stickers!)
I saw a Belgian bakery delivery - address in Bruxelles!
Yeah - i'm sure a lot are plain stolen, but a lot are simply "scam" vehicles, as mentioned.
Someone wants to buy my Alfa - ratty
I would be tempted to reply that the internet is too insecure for this but if he could give me a call on my (old and not currently used) mobile we could go from there ... and then try to string out some expensive calls for him.
Probably wiser just to ignore though.