Moneo remote central locking key - DaveKent
Hi everyone. Just changed the batteries on my key for a P-reg mondeo for the remote central locking. The guy at my local car shop tested it on some machine he has and it worked fine. When I try on the car it only works maybe once out of ten.
I know I can just open it with the key but it would be nice if it worked.
Anyone got any idea as to what might be the problem?

Many thanks,

Dave
Moneo remote central locking key - mfarrow
Does it work better if you press the button with the key sitting on your head? Apparently human bone is a good aerial.
Moneo remote central locking key - Civic8
I had this problem with a rover plip..Turned out to be cheap battery..I paid an extra couple of pounds for a better make battery. and not had any problems since
--
Steve
Cheers for the info Steve. Paid £4.60 for the batteries (there's 2 in there.Very thin batteries with a little metal plate in between them - why, I don't know).
Is that cheap for these sort of batteries or about right?

Thanks for the help.
Moneo remote central locking key - Civic8
I paid £4 for one..Cheepo was £2 and was rubbish
--
Steve
I'll get some good one's. Thanks for the help.
Moneo remote central locking key - elekie&a/c doctor
This car may have the early infra red remote locking system, in which case it is necessary to point the key at the front door handle ,drivers or pass,(location of receiver).to check if you have this type,look at end of plastic body of key (metal key shaft end)& see if there is a recess for the transmitter.(similar to tv remote)
This car may have the early infra red remote locking system,
in which case it is necessary to point the key at
the front door handle ,drivers or pass,(location of receiver).to check
if you have this type,look at end of plastic body of
key (metal key shaft end)& see if there is a recess
for the transmitter.(similar to tv remote)

Spot on. Excellent diagnosis Doc. Cheers
Moneo remote central locking key - John S
steve

With respect, these sound like the standard lithium cells and £4 each is expensive. Even well known brands cost nearer the £2 each mark, less if you shop around.

JS