New Focus saloon & estate - cheddar
I have been unsure about the rear of the new Focus hatch however I have seen pics of the estate and saloon and both look great, anyone else seen them?
New Focus saloon & estate - mare
I saw a Focus Estate in Brunel Ford's showroom today (Winterstoke Road, Bristol). Looked OK, but i didn't really pay much attention as i'm more interested in the hatch or C Max.
New Focus saloon & estate - cheddar
Brunel Ford's showroom today (Winterstoke
Road, Bristol

My local as well, I work half a mile from there!
New Focus saloon & estate - machika
So they are in the showrooms now are they? There was I expecting an invite to the launch at our local T C Harrison dealership (that is what I was told). Just shows how much they value my custom!
New Focus saloon & estate - twarde
I had an email from Ford offering me 5000 Necter points for a test drive. I took up the offer as a fancied test driving it and could make it clear that I was only there for the points - so no sales pressure.

Anyway, I drove a 1.6TDCI Ghia and it was dissapointed at the amount of road noise from the back end. It was louder than the engine noise. I often find that the cars that have rave reviews in the car mags are a bit of a let down when you actually drive them

Tony
New Focus saloon & estate - NowWheels
I've noticed this sort of thing in a few cars: the experience of travelling in the back seat can be very different from the front.

The front seat occupants are usually about mid-way between the wheels, and they get a nice ride and reasonably low noise. But the back seat passengers are often sitting directly over the wheels, where they get a much harsher ride and lots of road noise.

Not all cars are like that, but it's surprisingly common. The raer road nouse shouldn't be too hard to prevent with a little bit of sound insulation, but it's not an issue that often seems to pop up in roadtests, because a lot of them seem to be driver-only tests.
New Focus saloon & estate - Stuartli
The new Focus may be slightly bigger, exhibit superior interior quality and handle just as well, but looks wise it's a step backwards for me compared to the outgoing highly distinctive model.

It still looks as fresh as the day it was launched - however, although I always prefer/have a saloon rather than a hatchback, the Focus saloon is somewhat ordinary compared to its hatchback compatriot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
It still looks as fresh as the day it was launched
- however, although I always prefer/have a saloon rather than a
hatchback, the Focus saloon is somewhat ordinary compared to its hatchback
compatriot.
- - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by

>>

I assume you are referring to the looks of the saloon, rather than it's dynamic qualities. If so, I think you are being somewhat kind to refer to its looks as ordinary. I think it is an awful looking car.
New Focus saloon & estate - Adam {P}
Woah...steady on old chap! And I like the C5. That's camaraderie for you.

;-)
--
Adam
Woah...steady on old chap! And I like the C5. That's camaraderie
for you.
;-)
--
Adam

I am quite willing to accept the old C5's looks are an acquired taste. I think the new C5 looks much better balanced though.

In any event, we Citroen owners have to field plenty of brickbats (and Ford owners are not known to be retiring in giving their opinions on the merits of Citroens), so a few in return are not out of place.
True. Although to be fair, I'm not that averse to the C5. Different yes. But that's good.

--
Adam
I've noticed this sort of thing in a few cars: the
experience of travelling in the back seat can be very different
from the front.
The front seat occupants are usually about mid-way between the wheels,
and they get a nice ride and reasonably low noise. But
the back seat passengers are often sitting directly over the wheels,
where they get a much harsher ride and lots of road
noise.
Not all cars are like that, but it's surprisingly common. The
raer road nouse shouldn't be too hard to prevent with a
little bit of sound insulation, but it's not an issue that
often seems to pop up in roadtests, because a lot of
them seem to be driver-only tests.

>>

It is not only noise and a bumpy ride that rear seat passengers suffer from, but a lot less space too. I find most road testers are very forgiving when it comes to assessing legroom and headroom, which are very often very restricted in reality. They very often don't take account of long legged drivers, who need the seat to be back as far as it will go, which nearly always compromises legroom in the back. Similarly, there seems to be no account made for tall passengers in the back, when it comes to assessing headroom, which is very poor in a lot of modern cars.
Now you see, you woulnd't get any of that ride noise malarky in a saloon. The boot's nice and boxed off you see.
--
Adam
New Focus saloon & estate - NowWheels
Now you see, you woulnd't get any of that ride noise
malarky in a saloon. The boot's nice and boxed off you
see.

Depends. If you're sitting on the wheel arches, as in many cars, you'll still get most of the noise.