Renault Megane engine query - Xileno {P}
We have a new shape Megane dci 1.5 100 bhp. This is our fourth Renault and first diesel and so far we are very pleased with it. At the weekend I was busy washing it and noticed on the door pillar a sticker detailing what options are fitted, for example the Comfort Pack. But there's also a sticker that says it's a dci 80 engine. But on the sales invoice it clearly states 100 bhp. So which is correct and how can I confirm it? I am a bit concerned because it's insured as a 100 but if it's an 80 am I running a risk?
Renault Megane engine query - Hugo {P}
As far as the insurance is concerned, Mark or Retro would be best placed to answer you concern but I would be less concerned if the car was 80bhp and you had insured it as a100bhp, rather than the other way around.

As far as the discrepency is concerned, your best course of action is to contact the dealer straight away and get them to clear it up.

Hugo
Renault Megane engine query - Badger
Will www.whatcar.co.uk/RoadTest_FullData.asp?DL=0&RT=20...6 help? It seems to state 79bhp at 4000 rpm.
Renault Megane engine query - commerdriver
Just a thought I doubt that Renault stickers would refer to bhp more lokely to be PS or some other metric measure i don't understand, a quick check in the handbook might help.
I doubt you're running a risk if its 80 rather tha 100 bhp but I guess you wouldn't be too pleased.
Welcome to the diesel club!
Renault Megane engine query - Ex-Moderator
No risk of having a claim bounced at this point, although you should take reasonable steps wot work out what it is and when you know advise your insurer.
Renault Megane engine query - Altea Ego
The 4 digit engine code will be part of the Vin plate.
Sorry but what is a vin plate and where is it?
Renault Megane engine query - Adam {P}
Vehicle Identification Number.

There are a few of these. One is on the lower left hand of the windscreen as though you're looking into the car, the other I think will be in the footwell (is on Fords anyway) and the plate itself should be riveted onto the bulkhead. Open the bonnet and it should be a silver plate on the right (possibly) quite close to where you will be standing.
--
Adam
Renault Megane engine query - Pugugly {P}
There seems to be a complete lack of righteous indignation, nay outrage in the post.
What type (3 door, 5 door) model (dynamique etc) is it? Let me know full details and I will tell you what model code you should have, and what model code the 80 bhp is.
Renault Megane engine query - cheddar
Assume it is a 5 door hatch, the Expression and Dynamique are available with both 1.5 DCi 80 & 100 engines, the Authentique is only available with the 80 and the Privilege only with the 1.9 DCi 120.

If it is an auto then is is certainly a 1.5 100.

Which model is yours?
Renault Megane engine query - trancer
Hang the insurance, I would be all over the dealer that said or implied or whatever that it was a 100 bhp engine, but sold me a 80 bhp one. Being happy with 80 bhp (and not missing the extra 20bhp) has nothing to do with the fact that he paid for something he did not get.

I know this is an extreme, but how well would it go over if you paid for a car with ABS brakes, but didn't find out until that rainy day, when the neighbour's child ran across the street, that you didn't get what you paid for?. What the insurance thought of that little mix up would be the last thing on my mind.
Renault Megane engine query - AndyT
IIRC, as regards a Clio dci, the '80' door dci logo has a blue 'i', and I believe the '100' has a blue 'dci'.
It's a 5 door Dynamique with manual gearbox.
you should have a vehicle type BMR205 This will be in the sequence of numbers on the vin plate or in your service book at the front or on your invoice and paperwork

The 80bhp is vehicle type BMRF05
If this appears anywhere in the vin number or the service bok you have been sold the wrong one.

Toddle down to your dealer, and ask him to identify the type of vehicle you have (dont give him any clues up front) and if he comes up with a BMRF05 then a serious word is required!
There's a long number at the base of the windscreen on the passenger side. This number contains BMR205 so my Megane definitely is the 100bhp model.
It seems that someone has put the wrong sticker on the door pillar in the factory. When it goes in for a service I willask them to change it to avoid another person in the future getting confused.

Thanks to all who have replied. I will enjoy the weekend more now!