Renault Brakes Bindiing - redviper
Hi

The brakes on the Laguna, are really starting to Bind, its the ones on the front .

What i really need to know is what is going need to be replaced .ie is it just the disc's / pads or the discs and the pads, together,
I just need to know the procces really so when i take to the garage, at least i will know what im on about.

Although I am going to get it fixed, Just out of interest what would happen if i left them.??????????

Also when you first use the car on a cold morinng, and apply the brakes there is a sort of harsh rubbing noise but at about 60 seconds into the jounrney they atre fine, and this happens every morning.

Thanks in advance

Stephen

--
1983 (A) Vauxhall Astra 1.3L
1993 (K) Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0i GLS
1999 (T) Renault Laguna 1.6
Renault Brakes Bindiing - martint123
Harsh rubbing noise for a minute or two is generally the pads removing surface rust from the disks - normally not a problem.

Binding brakes will usually be the calipers rather than the disks or pads. Could be just sticking slider pins (not sure about your calipers) but also could be seized pistons.

If you leave them binding, the pads will wear quicky also things could get very hot - worse case, enough to boil the brake fluid and so no brakes.

Martin
Renault Brakes Bindiing - lizard
Brake pads can stick in the calipers.and may simply require removing and cleaning off any deposits.apply little copper grease on the ends. clean the caliper where the pads locate and that may be all u need. this is quite common to renault. of course it could be a seized caliper slide or piston. even (although rare), a collapsed brake hose preventing caliper from releasing.
Renault Brakes Bindiing - Aprilia
Servo valving faults can cause brakes to stick on - check this out if everything else seems OK.
Renault Brakes Bindiing - redviper
Hi Everyone thanks for your replys

I have now got it sorted, and some new pads fitted and the bakes now operate, as they should

Thakns again

Ste

--
1983 (A) Vauxhall Astra 1.3L
1993 (K) Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0i GLS
1999 (T) Renault Laguna 1.6