What is that noise? Help Pug 206 - clachnacudden
Hi Folks,

Long time no talk which is a good think..I think!

Anyway the surprises keep coming on my Pug 206, which if nothing else keep me wondering and guessing...

Went to check the oil a few days ago and there now appears to be a whirring noise coming from the engine. I can only guess it is from the belt beside to the left of the engine but it almost sounds like someone has spun one of the pulleys, without the belt attached, does that make sense?In essence like a pulley spinning freely, which you can hear when the car idles...

Does the pully need oiled.. or is the belt perhaps loose?

Anyway help would be greatly appreciated, the car is a Pug 206 1.9 diesel 2001 with 60,000 on the clock.

Cheers and thanks once more,

Craig
What is that noise? Help Pug 206 - mjm
I don't know the 206, but son had a 106, and the bonnet stay was clipped to the bonnet just above that area of the engine. The plastic clip broke and the stay fell into that area. The other thing that springs to mind is that the crank pulley usually has a vibration damper (rubber ring) built into it. This hasn't perished and allowed the outer bit with the belt drive to wander about, has it?
What is that noise? Help Pug 206 - Civic8
Fraid I dont either..your post suggests assuming its manual.clutch release bearing.If you depress clutch pedal it should dissapear.On release it will come back..Just a thought and may be wrong?
--
Steve
What is that noise? Help Pug 206 - Dynamic Dave
there now appears to be a whirring noise coming from the engine.
the car is a Pug 206 1.9 diesel 2001 with 60,000 on the clock.

This thread *may* be of interest to you:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=15983

Follow DL's link to the msn site as well.
gret link mate, describes the problem down to a T...

.*********

What the..?. Someone cheer me up and tell me what it potentially could have cost me had the pulley spun off, or the belt snapped???? Please..

Craig
Don't know why the last bit did not come up, (*****) the total cost is about four hundred and fifty pounds...three pullies, VAT and labour...?
What is that noise? Help Pug 206 - Dynamic Dave
Don't know why the last bit did not come up, (*****)

Posted a swearword perchance?