Focus electric windows - L'escargot
Having read that Focus locks can be re-programmed (to automatically lock at 5 mph) I got to wondering what else can be re-programmed. For example, is it possible to re-programme the electric windows such that the front passenger window can be operated when the ignition is switched off? My partner is mildly claustrophobic, and when I leave her alone in the car without remembering to first open her window (which is most times!) she quite often has to resort to opening the door to relieve her phobia. If I could re-programme the window it would make life a whole lot easier for us both.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Focus electric windows - Chas{P}
I'll bring my Ford info to work tomorrow and have a look. I don't think this is one you can alter, but I'll check.

What year is your Focus?

HTH

Charles
I'll bring my Ford info to work tomorrow and have a
look. I don't think this is one you can alter, but
I'll check.
What year is your Focus?
HTH
Charles

Thanks Charles, I appreciate your help. It's an 03 plate (first registered July 2003) 2 litre Ghia hatch with electric windows all round. It doesn't mention anything about in the owner's manual ~ but there again, it doesn't mention automatic locking either!
--
Focus electric windows - Carse
L'escargot,

Do you know the procedure to perform the auto-lock in the Focus I would be very interested in performing this action on my vehicle.

Thanks,

Carse
Focus electric windows - daveyjp
The windows on my Audi will continue to work for a short period after the key is removed. I presume it's to allow them to be closed if you forget. Keeping the lock button on the key fob held down also winds all the windows up.
Focus electric windows - henry k
See
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=27888
Carse,

See henry k's link to one of his earlier posts. I haven't programmed in the autolocking yet, but I'm going to when I have a few minutes.
--