Secon Hand Recommendations - TonyE
I?m about to buy a second hand car. My budget is £7-8k max. What I want is a Mondeo sized diesel car. Anybody got any recommendations? I want something which is reliable economical and reasonably good to drive as I do quite a few miles per year. The lower the miles on the clock the better also!
Secon Hand Recommendations - runboy
SEAT Toledo? Heavy early depreciation good for second hand buy. Not a popular motor either, so good if you want to be able to hagle with a dealer and exclusivity, bad if you want to be with the masses.

Based on the previous generation Golf and plenty of VW parts in there so shouldn't break. Nice range of diesel engines, plenty of petrol engines too for that matter.

The only downer may be interior space-as it's based on the Golf it wont fully match a Mondeo for space.

I had a Leon and only have praise for it.
Secon Hand Recommendations - mare
SEAT Toledo?

Or if you want a hatch, Skoda Octavia. Huge boot, and same VW engines and bits (good or bad!)
Secon Hand Recommendations - Happy Blue!
How about a ..........Mondeo?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Secon Hand Recommendations - TonyE
To be honest I am considering a Mondeo but I read the car by car breakdown on here and it didn't sound that good. i.e. not too economical and a few known problems.
Secon Hand Recommendations - tunacat
Previous-shape Avensis D4D ?

Secon Hand Recommendations - MichaelR
When I wanted a Mondeo sized car I looked at all the cars in the class and chose what I thought was the best of the bunch - the Mondeo :)