Almera Tino auto central locking - mike100
Colleague of mine has a Nissan Almera Tino (54 plate). If you remove key from ignition and exit the vehicle, leaving the vehicle unlocked, after 2 minutes (ish) the central locking activates and automatically locks all the doors. Nice safety feature - to a point. There is the danger of locking things in the car e.g. keys or kids.

Does anyone know of any way of disabling this facility i.e. so that the vehicle will only lock with the remote or turning the key in the lock? (The manual doesn't appear to offer any info.)
Almera Tino auto central locking - Dynamic Dave
I would imagine if you were to leave the keys in the ignition, then the doors wouldn't self lock. However, leaving the keys in the car when it's "unattended" would invite potential thieves.

Is it such a dilema that if the doors were to lock with the kids still inside? I guess that the car doors can still be unlocked from inside, should the kids wish to exit - or do the deadlocks activate as well?

To disable this feature, it sounds like Nissan would have to plug their magic box into the car's electrics. Vauxhall (or anyone with a Tech2 reader) are the only ones able to alter the unlocking charateristics of their cars, as do I beleive VW.

Has your colleague tried asking Nissan at all?
Almera Tino auto central locking - Adam {P}
Agree with Dave. It should be able to be unlocked from inside or the key.

However...

>>To disable this feature, it sounds like Nissan would have to plug their magic box into the car's electrics. Vauxhall (or anyone with a Tech2 reader) are the only ones able to alter the unlocking charateristics of their cars, as do I beleive VW.<<

Not necessarily. I mean - you could be right Dave but on the Focus at least, the user can (de)activate the autolock facility themselves using a combination of ignition turns and key presses. Whether Nissans do this or not I don't know.

2 useless posts by me in as many days! Sorry.
--
Adam