Pug 306 - rich306dt
I have a 1996 3 Door 306 dt, the model with all the color bumpers alloys and little boot spoiler etc.
I want to be able to transport my mountain bike, i tried to fit a Thule boot rack, but couldn't shut the boot, and becuase of halfords incompetence on the subject i gave up on them.
Can any tell me if they have succesfully fitted a good boot rack (not a flimsy £30) or a roof rack to one of these cars.
I have removed the roof strips and a i cannot see where i could fit a roof rack.
I know on a four door it fits under the door seals.
Pug 306 - hm
I'm afraid you will have to wait until tomorrow when I get home, I was given one by a mate and fits onto my 306DT boot fine but I can not remember the name, I would like to say it is a rocky but I'm not to sure.

I transport both mine, the wifes and the lads mountain bike on it with not worries. It takes about 5mins to fit and has not come off yet. (I do not change my drving stlye because it is on, if I gotta go, I go...........)

I will mail back by 8.30 tomorrow morning.
Pug 306 - rich306dt
that sounds good, i woundn't want to change my driving style either! Have your gas struts lasted on your boot with the rack on?
Pug 306 - hm
The gas structs are not man enought to hold the boot open with the bikes on, but the rack weighs pratically nothing, so there are not worries once shes off.

H
Pug 306 - hm
the rack I have is a Hollywood Rack, it is a 2/3 bike rack called the original.

www.hollywoodracks.com (look under the bumper fitting section)

there is a dealer in the UK, it tells you on the site.

laters

H