Theory test feedback (the real thing!) - volvoman
Hi all. Mrs V just sat her theory test having studied hard for weeks and been practicing hazard perception on what's claimed to be "the UK's best selling driving theory test software".

Whilst the software made it clear that it couldn't/didn't exactly match the real thing it claimed to be just as demanding, if not more so.

Anyway Mrs V. felt that the real thing was easier. The video clips seemed shorter and the quality of the video was far superior in her opinion. All in all she felt far less daunted by the real thing than the practice version, so for anyone awaiting a theory test her advice is to get some software (don't know if I can mention the name Mods.) and practice away.

Oh and BTW, her results (for anyone who's interested):

Theory multiple choice: 35/35! (pass mark 30)

Hazard perception: 57/75! (pass mark 44)

Guess who's celebrating tonight :)
Theory test feedback (the real thing!) - v8man
Well done Mrs V.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Theory test feedback (the real thing!) - Robin Reliant
Nice one, especially the Hazard Perception score. HP is causing a few problems for people and 57 is more than most get, actually being the pass mark for prospective ADI's. As you've indicated, it's all down to the work put in. The more you practice, the luckier you get.
Thanks V8Man and Tom - We're off to celebrate shortly and I'd love to be able to tell her about the ADI score....... but if I do I'll never hear the end of it will I :)
Theory test feedback (the real thing!) - Hugo {P}
Hi Volvoman

Firstly a big WELL DONE to the clever lady!

Secondly - all the best for when she takes her practical. I'm sure she'll do well at that as well.

Thirdly (moderator's hat on now)- Please do mention the name of the software you use. It will be a great help to others in the same position.

All the best mate

Hugo
Thanks Hugo - from us both.

The software we used is by Focus and is called (unsurprisingly):

Driving Test Success Theory (2003/2004). It came as a 2 CD Rom set which included both the multiple choice Q & A's and the hazard perception elements as well as the DSA's entire theory test question bank for both cars and motorbikes. Virtual exam modes are included also.

Our copy was bought from PC World and came with a UK Routefinder CD Rom. It only cost about £15-20 IIRC. Money well spent IMO.

Will try to post a link to the website below.
Found it:

www.focusmm.co.uk
Theory test feedback (the real thing!) - Adam {P}
I remember getting that, along with routfinder in a box set complete with L plates and that kind of thing.

From what I recall, the routefinder was very very bad and not a patch on Autoroute but the Driving Test software was excellent.
--
Adam
Oh.... that'll explain why we keep getting lost then Adski :)

Seriously though, it was a freebie thrown in and we've never tried it so can't comment.
Theory test feedback (the real thing!) - Adam {P}
If you've never used Autoroute, then you'll like it probably. For me, it was kind of like going back to Ford after driving Mercedes.
--
Adam