1996 diesel Audi a4 starts then cuts out - chris2004
I have an Audi A4 disel sometimes it starts o.k and othertimes it might start and stop 5 or 6 times the vag com tool gives the fault codes below.

2 Faults Found:
01117 - Generator Terminal DF Load Signal
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer
P1570 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: N/A

1 Fault Found:
01176 - Key
07-10 - Signal too Low - Intermittent

Not sure if its the reader coil or something else can annyone shed any light on the subject.
1996 diesel Audi a4 starts then cuts out - ian c
I have one of these cars, also made in 1996, and it developed this fault. It turned out that one of the ignition keys had become defective and was sometimes giving out the wrong code so that the immobiliser was triggered. One thing to do is to try using another key and see if the problem stops. If it does, some locksmiths have machines that can read and copy the code - so you can get a clone of a good key. Goodness knows why the chip in the key plays up like this, but it does - and it's a lot cheaper to get the locksmith to make you a new key than it is to try to get Audi to sort out the problem ...

Anyway, good luck with it because if it is anything else I am sure Audi will charge you a pile of money to fix it.
1996 diesel Audi a4 starts then cuts out - chris2004
Thanks ian for the reply .
I hav also heard that the pick up coil around the ignition gives bother on these cars and have been told to check the wires going to the pick up coil as the steering wheel height adjustment damages the wires.. i will give it a go and see how i get on..
i will let u no of any progress..

cheers chris
1996 diesel Audi a4 starts then cuts out - Aprilia
Thanks ian for the reply .
I hav also heard that the pick up coil around the
ignition gives bother on these cars and have been told to
check the wires going to the pick up coil as the
steering wheel height adjustment damages the wires.. i will give it
a go and see how i get on..
i will let u no of any progress..
cheers chris

Agreed. Pick up coil is the place to start.
1996 diesel Audi a4 starts then cuts out - hm
there is a switch at the bottom of the barrel that plays up.....its about £20 from GSF........common fault, I have replaced mine twice and a mate once...
1996 diesel Audi a4 starts then cuts out - taxi driver
My 1997 Audi TDI has just developed same problem, did new coil reader rectify fault?