Passatt wipers - Phil in Herts
Anyone else have problems with the windsscreen wipers on a VW Passatt? I have taken delivery of a new model which seems to have the same problem as my previous model, the wipers do not clear properly, they streak and often lift at speed.
Any suggestions?
Passatt wipers - mfarrow
It's probably on the part of VW trying to save costs and giving you cheap wipers. Then again, they might get better as the rubbers 'run in'. If not get yourself some new ones, though not from VW!
Passatt wipers - bert-j
There have been problems with the new type of wiper used on Passats. Another problem is often caused by the dealer not cleaning wax and preservatives off the screen before delivery. Go back to the dealer and complain.
Passatt wipers - Dave Andrews
i have same problem - where the wiper blade clips into the bracket it fills with water when its raining and as the wiper come down the water in the bracket gets flicked onto the screen.

aslo i dont no if its the design of the screen ir the angle but mine is always very greasy.
Passatt wipers - Pugugly {P}
Pointless changing the wiper blades until you have de-greased the windscreen. A solution of Meths and water - clean it off using a piece of newspaper. (Newsprint has some de-greasing sgent in the mix)
Passatt wipers - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I tried to find new wiper blades (2001 model on) but could only get them at the VW dealers. They are an unusual fitting.
Anyone found them elsewhere ? I'm on my third set in 3 years and only partially cured juddering with careful twisting of the offending arms.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Passatt wipers - tdibob
I have purchased new wiper blades for my 2002 Passat at Halfords at Ashton (about 23 notes) - marked for VW W8
Slightly more than I paid at VW dealer last time but an alternative source is welcome. Thanks.
--
Passatt wipers - bert-j
I thought that Bosch Aerotwin wipers were fitted from Passat model year 2002 - see www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pcWipe5.asp?c=2&d=1
My Passat has the old style wipers and is a 2001 model.
My 2001 Passat is a 2002 model so yes Bosch Aerotwin indeed.
I have not found that any of the claims are noticeably met.
Indeed the intermittent juddering has been the worst since my 1961 Ford Popular. Passed the first MOT recently.
--
Passatt wipers - bert-j
Probably no help but I've noticed that some newer Vauxhalls have Bosch Aerotwin wipers. It might be worth finding out whether they are the correct size for a Passat.