Skoda Octavia Windscreen Wipers - Andrew H
My Octavia TDI (1999) has an intermittent fault with the windscreen wipers in that they frequently fail to stop, and when they do eventually stop it can be at any position on the windscreen. This can happen when using any of the wipers speeds or the intermitant setting. Any ideas as to what may be the problem and how I could fix it?
Skoda Octavia Windscreen Wipers - bert-j
Go to www.briskoda.net/forums/
Somebody there will probably suggest an answer.
Skoda Octavia Windscreen Wipers - Dynamic Dave
Things have probably moved on nowadays, but many moons ago my old Allagro had the same problem.

Fault was traced to a sticky microswitch that was operated by a cut out slot in a circular plate that revolved when the wipers were on. When the wipers were turned off, they would complete their cycle until the slot disengaged the switch.

It's probably a simliar principle on your car, but 10 times as complicated and involving some kind of black box.

First place I would start looking is on the wiper motor itself.
Skoda Octavia Windscreen Wipers - Quinny100
It will most probably be the wiper timer relay. Fairly common problem that can crop up on any car, or anything with windscreen wipers for that matter!

They are usually dead easy to replace once you've found the relay and shouldn't cost more than about £10-£15 for a new one. ISTR Halfords carry a wide selection of them.