Skoda Felicia door lock/battery problem - volvoman
Hi all - Mrs V's beloved car has been suffering from a battery problem for some time. The car's not much used and we find after about 10 days the battery goes flat.
Recently, although the car would start, we'd find it'd lose revs and cut out when the clutch was depressed. I guessed the battery was probably at fault. Also, coincidentally (?) one of the rear doors has been unlocking itself periodically for no apparent reason. Yesterday I bought and fitted a new battery - got a heavy duty Bosch with a 4 year guarantee from Costco for £30 inc. vat. (Kwik fit quoted £65 for an Exide with 3 year gtee). The car now starts OK, hasn't shown signs of cutting out and the door is still locked but it's very early days and we may want to use the car over Xmas so I'm wondering if the problems we've been having are likely to have been due to the failing battery. Ta all!
Skoda Felicia door lock/battery problem - Stuartli
Bit puzzling as you state the rear door has been unlocking itself periodically and then that it is still locked...

However, re the door that unlocks itself, try sitting in the vehicle and using the remote to lock the doors. When the errant button comes up push it down and hold it there; it may try to come up again several times for a period.

You /maywill need to unlock the car before the alarm goes off and then relock it whilst trying this method.

You may need to do it several times before it regains the proper sequence.

In the case of a door that will not unlock it's due to the deadlocking being out of sequence. This time use a similar method of locking and unlocking the vehicle; again sit inside or insert a hand through the open window of the door in question and keep the door pull out as far as it will go whilst locking/unlocking.

Eventually the deadlocking will revert to its correct sequence and the door can be opened as normal from either inside or outside.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Thanks for your reply and sorry for being a bit vague in my description Stuartli. The locks aren't out of phase, what happens is that all the doors lock ok but we've found that on checking the car some time later one of the rear doors has unlocked itself. This has happened several times now but has always coincided with the times when I know the battery has been low so I merely presmumed a link. There doesn't appear to be any other problem with that door lock and on checking this morning the door was still locked OK after I fitted the new battery at lunchtime yesterday.
Well, it looks like the problem's solved (touch wood). Used the car quite a bit yesterday and it was fine. Also the back door once locked has remained locked. Only thing I can think is that possibly, due to the low battery and/or some wear or stiffness in the mechanism, that door wasn't being fully locked at times and was popping back open after a period.
Skoda Felicia door lock/battery problem - Stuartli
>>once locked has remained locked. >>

When I had this problem it was only when using the driver's door pull panel's central locking switch. Keeping the button pressed down whilst locking and unlocking the car, as I stated, soon cleared it up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by