Saxo coolant loss - Robin Reliant
Wife's Saxo diesel needs topping up with coolant now and again. I cannot see any evidence of where it might be dripping from underneath the car, but at the back of the radiator the top corner has grown a bit of a blue fur coat. Am I right in thinking this is anti-freeze and this is where the problem is? The car runs ok with no wheezing or whistling and there is no evidence of water contamination in the oil.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Saxo coolant loss - GrahamF1
Would seem likely.

To get a better idea, you could drain the cooling system and force water (with a hosepipe) into the radiator top hose stub. It'll likely come out wherever it's leaking from as well as where it's meant to...
Saxo coolant loss - Peter D
Tom, It sounds like the rad is away. approx £56 from Euro Car Parts fill with the proper anti freeze and deironised water and bleed very carefully as it is difficult to gaet all the air out of these. Regards Peter
Saxo coolant loss - Hugo {P}
I has a similar problem a while ago on a Pug 309 SRi. I went into a motor factor and spend £3 on some gunk that came in a pill tube.

I can't remember what the name of it was. I put it in in the carpark. I took the entire contents out (as per instructions) and fet it into the filler cap. The problem never returned. This stuff was recommended over and above Radweld.

This may be a stopgap, but £56 and a few hours work isn't expensive compared to breaking down on a long journey.

Hugo
Saxo coolant loss - Robin Reliant
I wondered about something like Radweld or Bars Leaks, both of which I have used in the past. But I have heard these are not a good idea on modern cooling systems.