Vectra 2.2 auto - prm
Probably one for DD, i've seen the above and wanted to know what the mpg was like, and is there anything i need to watch out for on this engine, i heard they had dodgy camchains. Has anyone had any common " they all do that sir " incidents. Thanks in advance.
Vectra 2.2 auto - Dynamic Dave

My Vectra(B) did:-
approx 25mpg around town/short runs,
approx 33mpg on a mixture of the above and long runs on A roads,
approx 35mpg on motorways driving at speeeds of 80-85mph.

My current Vectra(c) does:-
approx 28mpg around town/short runs,
approx 34mpg on a mixture of the above and long runs on A roads,
approx 35mpg on motorways driving at speeeds of 80-85mph.

Both with the 2.2 engine/auto box.

Yes, there has been mention of cam chains breaking on these engines. Apparantly a lubricating oilway can become blocked. Vauxhall have since modifed the problem part - so I've been told. I was also told that it affected cars built up until 2002, however when my X reg Vectra(B) went in for servicing, the garage told me my engine already had the modification done, and is not part of a recall, which Vauxhall were doing to owners of earlier 2.2 engines. However, don't take my word for this, I've heard nothing official, other than that from a Vauxhall mechanic. There is however a TSB (technical service bulletin) apparantly. Oh, btw, they advised me to have the oil changed at 10k intervals, not at the recommended 20k. The longer service interval can cause the oilway to become blocked. I believe that's mentioned in HJ's CBCB.

The Vectra(B) is prone to rear suspension bushes wearing. Tell tail signs are the rear tyres wearing on the inner or outer edges.

Also the (B) has been known to shear an air con pipe around the back of the engine. Again Vauxhall are aware of this and a re-inforcing bracket needs to be fitted to *help* prevent it.
Vectra 2.2 auto - prm
Thanks DD,it was the C that im looking at.