Delivery mileage? - tyre tread
Can someone tell me if there is an industry or legal definition of what is acceptable as delivery mileage on a new vehicle?
Delivery mileage? - blue_haddock
i personally would say that delivery mileage should be less than 20.

I think there was a similar thread not so long ago about this.
Delivery mileage? - BobbyG
See

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=26365

Delivery mileage? - Blue {P}
I suppose it depends where the car has been sourced from, I would say less than 50 ideally.

Although I do know of one customer at Honda who refused to wait for his new Accord so insisted on it been personally collected and driven up from London by a driver, his new car had over 200 miles on it when handed over. Still, at least the engine wasn't on for long though, I think the lad managed to get it back from London in record time, I was doing 80ish all the way back and he lost me in no time at all. :-)

Blue
Delivery mileage? - L'escargot
Obviously depends mainly on whether it's delivered on a transporter or whether it's driven on the road. Most common makes will be delivered by transporter, but I imagine a few obscure makes may be driven.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Delivery mileage? - smokie
Might depend of it's through a leasing company? Ours, based in Scotland, used to take initial delivery up there, then drive them to the user. In my case, Berkshire.

Do you have a specific issue?
Delivery mileage? - tyre tread
Just FYI, I picked the car up today & it had 14 miles on it.

I'd like to put that down to road test but if they did a road test why didn't they pick up the loud induction whistle as soon as the turbo comes in? - Rhetorical question obviously.

Thanks to all who answered and I did look an the other related thread before I colleted the car.
Delivery mileage? - Welliesorter
Mine had about 46 miles on the clock. I thought this rather a lot but then read (possibly here or in another forum) that it's easy to rewind to zero when under a hundred miles. No special equipment is needed. If the dealer had done this, I'd have been the wiser.
Delivery mileage? - Hugo {P}
It depends on how far it has been driven to deliver it.

I used to drive cars around the country for a Vauxhall Dealership in Leicester. 300 miles was not uncommon for it to be swapped between dealers then delivered to the customer.

The real question is IMO, is it REALLY delivery mileage or, has the dealer had it out as a demonstrater on the sly?

A 100 mile car that has been tried by 4 different people is perhaps not delivery mileage, whereas a 100 mile car that has been driven from Exeter to Truro specifically for a buying customer perhaps is.

Hugo