Brake Judder. Ford Mondeo - Lucian Deville
Hi

My Ford Mondeo - 2:0 - 5 door, Ghia - ownned from new - 46k on the clock has serious judder on jentle/hard braking - when I was returning from Leeds on Saturday - it only does this at over 70 mph. The judder came via the steering wheel.

The car has not has an accident, recently passed it mot, had front pads replaced at 42k - shoes still them same - fluid still the same - car registered in sept 1999.

I'm the only driver - drives straight - did not judder before, even at speeds well in excess of 70mph.
All help appreciated!!

Thanks

LD
Brake Judder. Ford Mondeo - Wales Forester
Warped discs would be my first thought.

PP
Brake Judder. Ford Mondeo - Wales Forester
This recent thread may be of interest even though it's not the same car; www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=26...7

PP
Brake Judder. Ford Mondeo - Lucian Deville
Hi

Thanks for the help!!

I will take the car to the National Depo one day over the next 2/3 weeks - they carry out a free brake check.

Once I've done this - I will report back!

Regards

LD
Brake Judder. Ford Mondeo - mbah4
I suspect that you have either or both of these two issues.

Brake discs warped - which is not unknown on Fords. I have recently replaced mine on Mondeo at 70k miles also 1999. The big problem in my case was getting them off the hubs. the second possibility is that one of the four caliper pistons is not operating, either because its seized or there is air in the hydraulics.

Suggest that you investigate closely with wheels off one at a time and see which one is the culprit.
Brake Judder. Ford Mondeo - Railroad.
Change your front brake pads and discs.