blue light? what's that all about then? - tack
Driving through Dagenham tonight, I saw a car zoom across the traffic lights. Underneath it appeared to have bright blue strip lighting. What's that all about? Looked like a mobile fly zapper! Is it a Dagenham/Essex thing?
blue light? what's that all about then? - Caveman
Neon lighting. It's a common toy among the baseball cap brigade.
blue light? what's that all about then? - Altea Ego
It was an upside down police car
blue light? what's that all about then? - martint123
Some are spreading the rumour that blue underfloor lighting, like blue lights in lorry cabs is a secret signal or invitation that the moderators on here wouldn't permit to be described.

If the rumour spreads, then the incidence of this lighting might decline ;>)

Martin
blue light? what's that all about then? - blue_haddock
Is it a Dagenham/Essex thing?

No it's a chav thing!
blue light? what's that all about then? - SjB {P}
Ah, Chavs!

www.worldwidewords.org/topicalwords/tw-cha2.htm

Gave me quite a laugh!
blue light? what's that all about then? - Pugugly {P}
Thanks for the site ref. Another one worth soending some happy hours in.
blue light? what's that all about then? - pastyman
Try
www.chavscum.co.uk

this site will raise a giggle.

Pastyman
blue light? what's that all about then? - Stuartli
Some of this type of lighting breaks vehicle lighting regulations....

Saw one car the other night with a single red bulb on the top of the radio aerial - quite effective.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
blue light? what's that all about then? - Mark (RLBS)
I believe that all this blue lighting one sees, on cars and trucks, is supposed to be indicative of a gentleman seeking the company of other gentlemen.

On the off chance that its true, I've taken mine off.
blue light? what's that all about then? - NowWheels
On the off chance that its true, I've taken mine off.

Have you also dumped the burberry baseball cap?

;-)
No. Oh god, what does that signify ? Or does it cancel out the sad blue lights on the windscreen washers ?

And does it mean something different if I've lost the instructions and so frequently wear it backwards by mistake.
blue light? what's that all about then? - midlifecrisis
I wish to clarify that the flashing blue lights on my company car do not mean anything of the sort!!!!!!!!!
I wish to clarify that the flashing blue lights on my
company car do not mean anything of the sort!!!!!!!!!

In your case, doesn't the flashing blue light mean that you are urgently seeking the company of the criminal fraternity?
blue light? what's that all about then? - madf
I thought blue lights were a signal that the driver suffered from various mental disorders and low IQ.

Am I wrong?

madf

blue light? what's that all about then? - tyre tread
Madf, yes you are wrong! That was the function of the flags being flown from peoples' car windows earlier this year. As I understood it, the more flags the less stable the individual that was driving should be considered to be!

I thought blue lights were just ex DJ's that couldn't quite bring themselves to give up all of their flashing lights and loud music!
Nope, I have heard from various places that its a "gay" thing - using the more modern connotations of the word.

Anyway, we probably shouldn't go any further with this, it'll get me in trouble with Dodgy Dave the moderator. Either that or Aimless Alan and Have-a-go Hugo will show up.
blue light? what's that all about then? - Altea Ego
I wish to clarify that the flashing blue lights on my
company car do not mean anything of the sort!!!!!!!!!

Yes they do / no they dont / yes they do / no they dont /yes they do / no they dont........... Bit of a teaser then?
And a uniform as well? peaked cap? come on!
blue light? what's that all about then? - Dalglish
halfords are happy about this trend:

see www.thisismoney.com/20040930/nm83037.html

Boy racers give Halfords a boost
30 September 2004, This Is Money
The boy-racer generation is helping car parts retailer Halfords slip through the gears in its first year on the stock market.
Like-for-like sales are surging as fashion-conscious young drivers pick up new exhausts, under-car neon lighting and wheel trims. .....

blue light? what's that all about then? - john deacon
so are blue lights underneath the car legal?
blue light? what's that all about then? - Stuartli
No. In fact the advertisements for them state that they are suitable "for offroad use only"....:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
the advertisements for them state that they are suitable "for offroad use only"

That's OK then.

The sort of drivers who fit them tend to come off the road rather more frequently than the rest of us ...
blue light? what's that all about then? - john deacon
These lights must not be visible to other road users. For off-road and display use only. Not legal for use on public highways.

according to halfords, suppose its only a slap on the wrist offence, if it was up to me they would get publically hanged
blue light? what's that all about then? - No Do$h
according to halfords, suppose its only a slap on the wrist
offence, if it was up to me they would get publically
hanged

Ooooh, what by? Given the information Mark has disclosed there are some displayers of the blue light who may like that sort of thing ;o)
blue light? what's that all about then? - mark
ND

If thats the case why blue, surely pink is more appropriate or am I being thick.

A player of the pink oboe is the phrase I recall not a blue one.

as always

Mark
blue light? what's that all about then? - Adam {P}
Woah! If I was a mod I'd be saying "Motoring please" but seeing as I'm not - I'll chime in :-)

I saw a rather nice shade of salmon coloured K reg Corsa with one of those blue neons underneath when I was walking the dog. I thought about mentioning it to the lad when he got out because he had left it on but thought he needed a serious lesson in style (although I wouldn't be the one to give it).

Sure enough, when I drove past 2 hours later the light was still on. (11pm).

Lesson learnt - at least it would have been the next morning when he tried to start it ;-)

Nasty I know... but I learnt from the best...thanks Dave, Alan and Mark.
--
Adam
blue light? what's that all about then? - Robin Reliant
Blue lights under the car I can live with, I suppose it comes in handy if you want to change the oil after dark. But there is a guy driving round down here with green headlights. If ever I fouled up and emerged into someones path, I would be delighted if they had green headlights. Thats my defence sorted.