Ford Focus & TSBs - Snakey
Not sure whether this is a discussion item or a technical question but here goes..

I have a Ford Focus 1.8Tddi (2002) which is not covered by any warranty (Fords has expired as non-Ford parts have been used in servicing).

The problem is I get a fanbelt squeak from cold, I've checked all the pulleys and put a new belt on etc but to no avail. I was just about to give up and live with it until I read a Ford TSB that applied to my car that described this fault exactly. It basically means the aircon pump bracket needs to be re-aligned - not a job I want to do myself.

My question is, would a Ford dealer carry out this job free as it is covered by a TSB or am I still liable for cost as theres no warranty? If so I would rather use a local garage.

Ironically my wife has an older Focus which also has a different fault that is covered by a TSB as well!

Ford Focus & TSBs - Adam {P}
That's interesting - not least because I share the same problem:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=27...0
--
Adam
Ford Focus & TSBs - Aprilia
Unlikely they would do it FOC - but a very cheap and easy job I would have thought. You could easily do it yourself.
I've looked at doing it myself - I'm just a bit dubious about removing the aircon pump as I've never done it before. According to the TSB you remove the pump,slacken off the bracket - push it towards the pulley and then retighten + refit pump.

Sounds easy, but experience on my wifes 1.8 petrol Focus has shown that access to the belt/pulleys is a pig!
Ford Focus & TSBs - DP
Mine does this as well. The dealer cured it for a while at the last service by fitting a new auxiliary belt. This worked for 5,000 miles or so, but now it's back.

Any idea when this TSB came out?
I tried putting a new belt on but it only made a difference for about a week, I think that was just a coincidence as it doesnt do it every day anyway.

The TSB is No. 64/2002 which came out on 18/07/02 - applies to Focus with 1.8 Endura DI & aircon and 1.8 TDCi & aircon

I did take my car into a dealer many months ago to have this checked and they said to my face 'it is NOT a known problem' - at the time I hadn't seen the TSB so I couldn't argue. Not a dealer I would ever visit again!
Ford Focus & TSBs - kithmo
I may be wrong but I think that TSBs would not be carried out FOC unless the car is still under warranty or the TSB is a safety related fault, which then makes it a recall, which would be FOC. So I'm afraid it looks like you'll have to bite the bullet and DIY. Good luck.
Thanks for all your comments, looks like you've confirmed what I suspected anyway.

Where did I put that Haynes manual.....