Citroen withdrawal symptoms - Paul Robinson
Since I have been driving a turbo diesel again (Peugeot 406), my mind must have subconsciously defaulted to 1995-98 when I had a Citroen BX TZD. Several mornings I have found myself waiting on the drive with the engine idling for that sensation of the suspension rising up!

My Wife has admitted she has done exactly the same thing. Has anyone else suffered a similar problem?
Re: Citroen withdrawal symptoms - ladas are cool
i do the same with my car (lada) after driving my mothers citroen bx16 trs, also my mother says that she does the same when driving my dads car (hyundai sonata).
Re: Citroen withdrawal symptoms - andy bairsto
How nice it is to own a newish xm td they do not sink only to load the boot
Re: Citroen withdrawal symptoms - Moosh
Your 'taste' in cars must be hereditary ?
moosh, are you talking about me???
Yes!
well the citroen has a wonderful ride, the lada is VERY easy to work on, and the hyundai is ultra reliable.
To reverse things;

BX 1.6 is not that 'easy to work' at.
Lada hasn't 'an easy ride'
Hyundai has to be 'reliable' , try selling one.
your right about the citroen, but not right about the lada (i have fitted spax suspension), and your absolutely correct about trying to sell a hyundai.
Re: Citroen withdrawal symptoms - Peter Mason
Many years ago I was a gliding instructor. (Our retrieval vehicle was actually the prototype Land Rover.) When towing gliders back to the launch point you had to remember that the wings stuck out twenty feet each side of the Rover. This got to be ingrained during a long day of retrieving.
Later, during the drive home through Salisbury I realised that there was an obstruction, a lamp post, only five feet to my left (on the pavement..) and reaction caused me to jam the brakes on, thinking I still had a glider behind me. The driver behind was not amused, but I didn't feel up to explaining...
(Well, it was sort of on subject!)
P.
Re: Citroen withdrawal symptoms - David W
Peter,

Same problem with remembering what is on the back of the tractor when on the road.

Baler sticks out to the right, but the hay turner way to the left. Important to think which is on when swooshing past a row of cars.!

David
Re: Citroen withdrawal symptoms - Brill
David,

The old 'Land Rover' word recognition software still working then! :o)

Stu.
Re: Citroen withdrawal symptoms - David W
Absolutely, even if I had to twist it to the old tractor to leave cars far behind.

Well spotted.

David
How to double the value of your car! - David Lacey
Fitting Spax shocks to tyour Lada must have doubled or even quadrupled the value of your car!!

D
Re: How to double the value of your car! - David W
Ahh but virtually fitting them is very cheap.

David
Re: How to double the value of your car! - ladas are cool
this car does exist, i just like to modify it.