Passat indic's don't flash when I lockup - Halmer
For some reason my Passat indicators have stopped flashing when I lock the car with my fob. Not a big deal I know but I just wondered if this 'indicates' that there is something wrong with the car. They flash when I unlock it but not vice versa.

I remember that it has done this before when one of the doors was not quite closed properly but everything looks OK with the doors/boot.
Passat indic's don't flash when I lockup - IanT
On some cars, the flashing indicators 'indicate' that the deadlocks have been set. Try sitting inside, locking the car with the remote, and see whether you can open the doors using the interior door handle - you shouldn't be able to. Repeat test with each interior door handle.

Perhaps it's safer to open a window and carry out the tests from outside - I don't want you to get locked in!

Ian
Passat indic's don't flash when I lockup - SjB {P}
On Volvo S60/V70/S80 models this indicates that something is not fully shut. The usual culprit is the bonnet, which closes enough to latch, but not operate the switch.

Worth a try.
Passat indic's don't flash when I lockup - IDIY
I have the same problem with my passat - it's the microswitch located just below the lever that pops out before you raise the bonnet. It might need renewing or a minor adjustment - mine works after pressing down on the bonnet - I've had to renew this microswitch but since the vehicle had a minor front end shunt the repirer has knocked it out of alignment slightly. One of those jobs I'll get around to sometime .....
Thanks people

I can't check it at the moment because it has to go in to the dealership today. Outside temp gauge showing -45Degrees !! and air conditioning has stuck on full blast hot!! Very strange.

I've asked them to look at the indicator thing as well. I topped the washer bottle up at the weekend so it might well be that thanks. I checked all the doors and the boot but never thought about the bonnet.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Passat indic's don't flash when I lockup - GrahamF1
Mine has the 'failure to flash' fault on an intermittent basis. Good suggestions people - I'll try giving the bonnet a nice hard shove downwards.
It was the bonnet not slammed down properly. Not a fault with the car, me not being brutal enough by letting the bonnet drop froma foot height as suggested in the manual.