Virus's -Off topic but perhaps useful. - KB
HJ said that the bug which is giving him grief, entered as soon as he clicked on the Email heading. I recently read in an advice column, that it's a good idea to UNCHECK the box marked PREVIEW PANE. This stops the Email opening immediately and instead you double click the heading, thus giving you more control over what you open and what you don't.

Open Internet Explorer. Click on VIEW then LAYOUT, then you'll see the PREVIW PANE box. Uncheck and APPLY/OK. Hope this may help someone.

KB
Re: Virus's -Off topic but perhaps useful. - Honest John
KB means "Open Outlook Express", but this could be the solution because it enebales you to delete the obviously dodgy e-mail on-line without it downloading kernel32.exe
Re: Virus's -Off topic but perhaps useful. - Honest John
Sorry, KB. Doesn't work. You get rid of it into the deleted folder, but the little bastard is clever and won't allow itself to be deleted from the deleted folder until it's been opened, by which time you are once again infected.

HJ
Re: Virus's -Off topic but perhaps useful. - markymarkn
acceptable use of swearing methinks.

or maybe HJ is technically correct - maybe the virus was written by a woman?

shut up mark.
Re: Virus's -Off topic but perhaps useful. - KB
Yes HJ, got the words wrong again - no change there. Sorry that the idea didn't work. Sincerely hope you get sorted soon. You don't think you're having these particular problems because someone or other has a bit of a grievance, do you?
Re: Virus's -Off topic but perhaps useful. - David W
KB,

I don't think it is personal against HJ, I've received several attacks from known contacts today because they have no firewall and out of date virus protection.

So much so I've made up a standard e-mail reply to their contacts.

David