Renault Clio. Coolant Temperature Sensor - Clioman
Does anyone know where I can buy a Coolant Temperature Sensor for a K reg Renault Clio online or by mail order.

Also do you know where abouts in the engine compartment it is.

A Part Number would be nice too.

p.s. I live in the Leeds area.

If anyone is interested you can get the part from www.eurocarparts.com

Part Number 224745001 :TEMP SENSOR RENAULT/VOLVO 2 PIN - WHITE COOLANT TEMP - B57B C57B

Also see for a picture www.carmechanicsmag.co.uk/cgi-bin/tftt.cgi?q=040503
P.S. They also have a depot at: EURO CAR PARTS LEEDS
CAR PARTS SPLRS COPLEY HILL TRADING ESTATE LEEDS LS12
Renault Clio. Coolant Temperature Sensor - PhilW
Did this on my son's Clio about 2 years ago. Thread about it is here
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=7863&v...f

Standing on passenger side CTS is located just above distributor (I took dizzy cap off to ease access)near top of engine and has an electrical connector attached. Remove with 15mm(?)ish socket. You will lose a little coolant but if you have new one to hand and stick your finger over the hole it won't be much!
Part is about £23 from main dealer.
Hope my memory of location is accurate!
Renault Clio. Coolant Temperature Sensor - amyhadley
will this part also been the same one for a 1999 t reg model thanks
Renault Clio. Coolant Temperature Sensor - mss1tw
What engine does your Clio have Amy?
its a 1.2 8v grande hope this helps
£7.50 from GSF

R93494
WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR
CLIO 1.2/1.4 ENERGY >98

You can order online at secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/
Thanks i hope this works car is being a right tempramental thing lol

{Shouting amended - ie, posting solely in upper case text - in several places of this thread. DD}
What's the problem with it? I think that the CTS will cause problems cold starting and also the car using more fuel (Running rich) although one of experts will know for sure.
Prob is it will start sometimes but if left for a while will take 10 or so mins to actually start, it will always start just a matter of when, i spoke to a friend who is a mechanic he adv it was 99% sure it was the cts and adv me to start with thst first what do you think?
Could be many things but I would also consider the crank position sensor as I think this can cause similar problems.

I do agree with him about the coolant temp. sensor as well though.
Brilliant at least I have something else to try if this don?t work thanks buddy you have been great help x
Is it easy to do , is there anywhere i can get step by step instructions on how to fit it sorry to be a pest x
Sorry never owned a Clio! I changed a variety of sensors on a Fiesta with nothing more than a Haynes manual and some basic tools though. You'll probably need some starhead/Torx screwdrivers.
help - amyhadley
i need to know what part number ir is for a coolant temperature sensor for a renault clio 1999 t reg 1.2 8val grande please

{Thread now merged with previous question asked. DD}
help - Scott H
According to your "Last posts" you asked this exact same question and were provided with the answer by mss1tw:

Wed 3 Jan 07 13:42
£7.50 from GSF

R93494
WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR
CLIO 1.2/1.4 ENERGY >98

You can order online at secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=27002&...e
help - amyhadley
getting so confused here i am being told its the sensor on top of the gearbox am i being missadvised or something
help - mss1tw
Who is telling you that? Do you mean I've given you the wrong code for the coolant sensor, or are you being told the sensor on top of the gearbox is at fault?
help - mss1tw
I've had a look and R93494 is definitely the code GSF use for the water/coolant temp sensor.
help - amyhadley
its not your fault im getting told diff things from diff people and its confusing me, when i rang gsf i said i needed to order a coolant temp sensor they asked if it was a 2 pin or a 3 pin and this looks like it screws onto something not got a clue mate
help - mss1tw
Hmmm sorry I don't know Clio's at all - but I don't think the temp sensor for the coolant would be by the gearbox.
help - amyhadley
does anyone on here know anythin about renaults am a friend is telling me the prob im having is prob the sensore located in top of gearbox
help - adverse camber
well why not start again and ask a sensible question about whatever the real problem is ?
help - Civic8
Tell them again what you want and give the chassis no/engine/no,they should be able to sort out correct one from that info alone....
--
Steve
help - amyhadley
thanks steve
help - Roobarb
Whats up with your car Amy?

The coolant temperature sensor, will have 2 pins and is screwed into the cylinder head, which is on the n/s above the gearbox bellhousing...Hope this helps you...Any motor factor will be able to supply one...
Renault Clio. Coolant Temperature Sensor - MissKT
Hello,

I would like to ask for your advice please..

I rang the main dealer to find out how much the engine temperature coolant sensor would cost and they quoted me £24! However on the link you provided it is only £7.50.

Do you think there might be a difference between the part provided main dealer and the one from the gsf website - or are Renault just ripping me off!

By the way, I have Clio T Reg 1.2

Thanks very much in advance!
Hi Amy
Just a question...
Did you order the part from the gsf website and if so, did it fix your problem?

Thanks!
Renault Clio. Coolant Temperature Sensor - yorkiebar
I am not going to answer your question directly, as you will see, but provide an opinion to help you decide.

Many people will tell you that the genuine dealer part (most likely to be dearer) is of better qulaity than an "aftermarket" one (supplied by other people).

Other people will tell you that the dealers dont make the parts they just supply them.

Places such as GSF supply parts from the oe supplier, sometimes in the oe packaging, sometimes not and also from other aftermarket suppliers.

I personally have never noticed any difference in parts from other suppliers (but I do always use quality suppliers), but do agree that cheap spurious aftermarket parts could be of inferior quality.

Up to you which avenue you choose.
I'd go with GSF myself. (Have done, in fact)
It turned out that it costs £19.00 (not including delivery charge) for a 1999 model from gsf. So will go with Renault this time round!

Thanks to both of you for your help.
Renault are rip off's!!!!! The first time I rang, I gave my registration no. and the lady said the sensor would cost £19 inc VAT. Second time I rang, I have the reg no again and the operator I spoke to said it costs £24 inc VAT....ok a couple of quids difference. But she said they couldnt order it over the phone, I have to come in and pay for it and then they would place the order.
Fair enough...so I went into the Renault garage. I told him I need sensor and gave reg details, asked him how much ...and he replies £30!! I told him I have had different quotes when I rang in the day before. So he went into a back office for 10 mins or so and came out and said "OK, thats sorted - for £23.98. I'll give you a call when the parts arrive." I told him I thought I had to pay first he said he'd sort it when I pick it up. (so why didnt the lady just take my order online!).
So I asked why it is I received 3 different quotes for the same product by 3 different people..he replied "it depends what comes up on the system".

I bought door handles from Renault for £25 each few weeks ago...makes me wonder if I should have rang a few times to see if I got cheaper quotes.

In summary, Renault rip you off and have terrible customer service.
"said it costs £24 inc VAT"
"asked him how much ...and he replies £30!! "
"OK, thats sorted - for £23.98."
"Renault rip you off and have terrible customer service. "

Why is that a rip-off? 2p less than phone quote, £30 was a "quoted" by bloke at the desk, then checked and came back with cost of £23.98.

Clio CTS cost me £22.50 about 4 years ago

--
Phil
Had I not have rung the day before I would have accepted the price of £30 and paid up!

Because I rang the day before and had a quote of £24, I knew I was being given inconsistent info and raised the issue with the salesman. Only THEN did he come back with a price of £23.98.
I doubt he has any say in what is charged. He probably "quoted" about £30 when you first asked from memory of the rough price of CTS for the whole Renault range. He did quite well to get that close considering the range of parts he deals with. When you bought the part, he put the part number into his computer, correct price came up automatically and was printed on invoice along with VAT and other details.
--
Phil
He gave me the price after he'd looked the part up and said "That will cost £30." He said thats the price that showed up on the system. But 2 other occasions it showed up a different price.

Looks like their systems are giving out inconsistent prices. I suppose its not really salesman faault what comes out on the system. But not fair on consumer.
Renault Clio. Coolant Temperature Sensor - BobG
As somebody who has owned 13 Renaults in my family over the past 15 years and covered at least 15000mls a year in each I have used Renault parts many times. I have always found my local main dealer to be very competitive with prices - often beating the "trade factors" just down the road for all sorts of parts. Perhaps it just depends on where you live. . .