Loss of no claims bonus - redboy1976
Hello all,
Looking for some advice. Last year my car got hit in the night whilst parked up by joyriders. Worst thing of all was the loss of my no claims bonus which is now 1 year instead of 4 which it would have been.
Coupled with a speeding ticket the month before my renewal date my premiums I was getting quoted were sky high... to put you in the picture I'm 27, held a license for 10 years with no previous accidents/ losses and my T reg Rover 214 is costing almost £900 a year with just the 1 year NCD. Shocking i think. And what about if I want to get something sportier in the next year or two- I dread to think..
Anyway someone mentined to me that there is a process by which I may be able to have my NCD reinstated but was not able to remember fully the details of this. Short of the young hoodlums being successfully prosecuted and being forced to stump up is there any hope of doing this? Does anyone know?
Loss of no claims bonus - Hintza
My other half had a similar problem.

However her current renewal said 60% ncd but only 1 years discount. And they were giving up brokers so would have to online to get it......needless to say all that took into account was 1year ncd.....sky high prices.

So.....

I went round all the companies (careful to tell no lies) but just told them she had 60% ncd (did not mention years ncd most asked however a few made an assumption on the information I gave that she had more than 1 year)

They will of course ask for proof and I duely sent off the renewal quote with all the figures. And never heard a murmur.

In the end got a good deal. Saving about £200.

But it took about a day of hard work to get it.

Afraid thats all I can suggest.