Opinions on the Ford Puma please!! - perleman
Hi Guys, what do you rekon to the ford puma? I's basically a souped up Fiesta, isn't it? How does it handle / perform in real road diving?

Ben
Opinions on the Ford Puma please!! - henry k
what do you rekon to the ford puma?

Is this before of after you have read HJ comments in Car by Car Breakdown?
See top left?
Opinions on the Ford Puma please!! - Dynamic Dave
This question would be better placed in Discussion, which is where it'll be moved to shortly.

DD. BR Moderator.
Opinions on the Ford Puma please!! - AR-CoolC
Fan-bloomin-tastic little car, we would still have one now if we didn't have kids.

The best B-road fun you can have, great looks, and as you say basicly a souped up fiesta, so service and parts are cheap.

If you can get the later 1.7VVT

I would say though that if you want a car to munch the motorway miles then this isn't the car for you, thay are geared for blasting around and accelerating, so at motorway speeds you have high revs and quite a lot of noise.

SWMBO has a tear in her eye when she see's one.
Opinions on the Ford Puma please!! - madf
I tried one. If you are tall, or have any back problems or are at all stiff, getting in and out is likely to create continuous hassle.

(i.e if you are old, forget it:-)

madf

Opinions on the Ford Puma please!! - machika
I only ever had a short ride as a passenger in one, but the ride did seem good (much better in that respect than a Tigra).
Opinions on the Ford Puma please!! - NickCa
I have a Ford Puma (1.7 2001 Y-Reg) and have loved having it. Unfortunately I am having to sell it because there is soon to be 3 in my family and it is not a very practical family car. It has decent fuel economy and handles very well. I have never had any problems with comfort. The big advantage now is price. I have tried to part exchange my Y-Reg 55k model with Ford and they offered £4.5k (even though their forecourt price is about £7k!). I should be able to get £5.5k private, but even so, this seems like a good way to get a relatively new, affordable sports car. Fuel economy is good, (around 45mpg) although it only has a 45 litre fuel tank (about 225-275 miles on a tank). There is a very good online Puma forum if you search for it. The members are very helpful and reading the forums will give you a good idea about the cars.
Opinions on the Ford Puma please!! - Pugugly {P}
S-i-L has one - she has owned her 1.7 from new (Sept 2000). Routine servicing only (apart from 5k oil changes), had a new rear bearing under warranty. Goes like hot stuff, handles like a dream. Looks good on its optional alloys. Now has 36k up and had a major service the other week - £95.00 at a Ford Dealer. If only all cars were like this. She loves it and refuses to consider a replacment. Small fuel tank though is a bit of a bind as is the water in the boot (when you open the hatch). Keep their values well. Apparantly brake discs are an issue (but cheap as chips) as is clunking rear suspension (Fiesta bits). Make sure you get the lux pack (Heated screen, Air con, lecy mirrors) Very sensitive to front tyre pressures - they need to be spot on to ensure its class leading handling.
Opinions on the Ford Puma please!! - Stuartli
A real charmer - great handling. 1.7 best; there are quite a few around but many will have been fully exploited for their dynamics (and rightly so).

No point in owning one otherwise..:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by