Kia Picanto - do you have one? - oldtoffee
Hi,
I'm considering buying one of these (with the 1.1 engine). We've had a decent test drive and we're very impressed. As the car will be shared with SWMBO I'll be using it every now and again for a 125 mile each way run that is mainly motorways and dual carriageways. I'd appreciate real life feedback anyone can give me on their experiences particularly on fuel economy, how it drives on long runs, does it keep up at motorway speeds, comfort and if you've had any problems (hopefully not). Many thanks.
Kia Picanto - do you have one? - DavidHM
This car's only been out for about six months, so you'll not find many owners. Even if there is one on here, you won't get much meaningful feedback about what goes wrong unless the car is an utter dog, because it's such a new design.

However HJ loves it and it's a great package on paper if you don't want loads of space or performance. As such, it wouldn't suit me at all, but it's not trying to.

HJ's road test is here, if you haven't read it: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/?id=116
Kia Picanto - do you have one? - Happy Blue!
It's not designed for the motorway driving you will be doing, so as its only every so often you should be more concerned about its everyday driving. For this it is probably more than adequate, and it may surprise you on the motorway. If it simply tolerable that is no surprise.

If you want a cheap small car for 125 miles each way trips then choose a Skoda Fabia Diesel, Hyundai Getz Diesel or a 2nd hand Yaris D4-D.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?