Voyager CRD, patchy history - do I buy? - JamesB
Hello

I'm sorely tempted by a very reasonably-priced 51-reg Voyager CRD. It's covered 62,000 miles. Service history - all at Chrysler main dealers - is as follows:

14,395 miles
30,574 miles
48,765 miles
61,946 miles

With a new clutch at 55,651 miles. I'm concerned, though, that the servicing isn't all it might be. Am I right in thinking that the service interval on this car is 12,000 miles? Or is it one of those clever jobs that examines its own oil quality and tells you when it's time for a service? The interval between 30k and 48k seems awfully long, and I'm worried that this could have a detrimental effect on the engine's long-term lifespan.

What do you think?

TIA

James
Voyager CRD, patchy history - do I buy? - Altea Ego
Welll

I will get roundly abused by the "change the oil every 300 miles" brigade but!

I reckon this has done its mileage quickly, mostly motorway stuff from the sound of it. Given that modern oils are stretching diesel oil changes to 18k, If the price is right I reckon this is worth a punt.
Voyager CRD, patchy history - do I buy? - P 2501
I reckon this has done its mileage quickly, mostly motorway stuff from the sound of it.

I would tend to agree from the mileage at this age, but i wonder why the clutch has gone at 50 odd thou if its spent its life on the motorway.

Like above, probably worth a go if you can get the price down.