Vauxhall Omega - Aerial / HRW - ukrds
The Vauxhall Omega uses the Heated Rear Window as its Radio Aerial. I presume there is some form of control box that enables the HRW to be used as an aerial.
I have a CDX Diesel Omega (Year 2000 - new style) and have a problem with the Radio. It keeps on cutting out as if the aerial has been disconnected and only comes back on if I select the HRW, or switch the HRW off. I suspect that this is caused by a faulty control box or a dry connection.

Does anyone know where the Control Box is located.
Vauxhall Omega - Aerial / HRW - Civic8
Used to be called Aerial amplifier..Was a common failure on fords..Also earth connection from amp to earth..On fords was located in tailgate/boot would think yours is but not knowing the motor??
--
Steve
Vauxhall Omega - Aerial / HRW - Altea Ego
The turning off stuff is probably caused by a bad earth to the radio. Take it out and push it back again to make sure the connectors are made.
Vauxhall Omega - Aerial / HRW - Schnitzel
autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/omega_owners/

Someone on there had the same problem about a year ago. I would search for it for you, but the Yahoo Groups search facility is useless, only searching a tiny proportion of posts at a time. You could join and ask on there, if no joy here. I think it was an earth in the boot?
Vauxhall Omega - Aerial / HRW - ukrds
Thanks for the link. I was not aware of that user group. I does look like it may be an earth judging by the other responses. Thanks to all.
Dave