X Type - Any opinions ? - The Ring
Im looking at purchasing the Jaguar 2.0 Diesel Sport version but after reading a few reviews, seems theres a mixed bag of opinions about this car overall regardless of engine size. Have people got personal opinions on this car, whats the diesel engine and the overall car like?

Thanks in advance
X Type - Any opinions ? - VTiredeyes
get a mondeo, cheaper, but the same.
if you want to pay 10-20K more and get a good looking car, get an x-type
or if you want the power but diesel, 2.2 mondy
X Type - Any opinions ? - blank
or if you want the power but diesel, 2.2 mondy

This being the one that Clarkson reckons sounds like a canal boat and, like most over-turbo'd TD's, delivers its power in a narrow, nasty uncontrolled bang?
X Type - Any opinions ? - Aprilia
My next door neighbour has an X-type. He's had long-running problems with the autobox. Last time it went in for warranty work the dealer (for some totally bizzare reason) lent him a Kia Magentis!! He seems very impressed with the Magentis, not least when he found he could get an ex-demo one for about £8k. I suspect he may not have the Jag for much longer - which I think says a lot about both cars...
X Type - Any opinions ? - paul45
Having owned a 3.0 petrol x type for over a year now I would say the following.

Good points - smooth ride, enough horses under the bonnet to put a smile on your face, 4 wheel drive for the one day of snow we had this year when they were only letting 4 wheel drive cars up a hill! Interior decor pleasant most of the time !!

Bad points - thirsty - but diesel is OK having had one as a courtesy a couple of times, auto gearbox failed at 30k miles, replaced under warranty, depreciation.

As always its about whether you like them or not, I'm not 100% convinced I'd have another petrol but if they did a 2.7 diesel with auto and 4x4, well who knows......
X Type - Any opinions ? - cheddar
This being the one that Clarkson reckons sounds like a canal
boat and, like most over-turbo'd TD's, delivers its power in a
narrow, nasty uncontrolled bang?

Just show's what does Clarkson know.

The X-Type is great, quite fancy an estate myself, the 2.0d is powerful, refined and economical. It is not quite as sporting a drive as the Mondeo on which it is based. The Mondeo (saloon & hatch) are set up to feel sharper though they also perhaps ride a bit firmer. Also the diesel engine in the Jag, while on paper the same spec as the Mondeo TDCi 130, feels slightly softer perhaps not quite as punchy.

I currently own a Mondeo Ghia X TDCi 130 and if it was my money I would go for the 2.2 Mondeo, same dynamics, even more grunt, however the X-Type is perfectly fast enough and a great drive.
X Type - Any opinions ? - Morris Ox
It's the same as the difference between an Audi and a VW, isn't it? There may well be mechanical similarities, but given the option I know which key fob I'd rather lob casually on to the bar in front of my mates. X-Type estate does look the business.
X Type - Any opinions ? - Sofa Spud
Purely an aesthetic grounds I wouldn't be interested in an X type (though I'd be grateful if I received one as a gift). It has unfortunate 'toy XJ6' retro styling that has less grace and poise than the Mondeo it's partly based on.

cheers, Sofa Spud