Volvo V40 lights - Ed Oaksford
A friend has a V40 Volvo, and driving on dipped lights is akin to using the force, to be honest the main beam isn't that great either.
Can any one out there recommend replacment bulbs? I don't really want to take pot luck in Halfords, and risk £40 down the pan if they make no difference.
Cheers,
Ed
Re: Volvo V40 lights - Ford Prefect
Try the Philips Premium Xenon. I've fitted them and they are much better than the standard type. I bought them on-line from www.powerbulbs.co.uk

Andy
Re: Volvo V40 lights - Darcy Kitchin
Agreed, I fitted a pair of Philips Premium Xenon to the Synergie last weekend. Bought over the telephone from powerbulbs, they are worthevery penny.

Beware fitting high power bulbs to headlights with dodgy reflectors, it's a waste of money.
Re: Volvo V40 lights - Martyn
There is another interesting feature of the V40 / S40. When they get wet the "marker lights" on the bumpers can flash - just like indicators! So when someone pulls out in front of you it's probably because you were indicating to turn......

Another stupid idea.
Re: Volvo V40 lights - Phil P
I fitted some of Halfords' own-brand xenons a few months ago and they've been fine. It's best to get the alignment checked straight away though - them boys sure is bright.
Xenon H7 Bulb Blowing - David Lacey
I've had some Bosch Blue bulbs in my '97 A4 - they give a lovely white/blue light but I had four bulbs blow in 6 months! With standard H7 55W bulbs no bulb blowing at all.

David
Re: Xenon H7 Bulb Blowing - Ford Prefect
I seem to remember a warning on the blue-tinted bulbs that they were unsuitable for frequent or prolonged use. Seems to me they're designed for people who only do short trips.

Ford
Re: Xenon H7 Bulb Blowing - Dave N
I tried some of these also. No real improvement, and they kept blowing as well. Waste of money I reckon.