Mondeo zetec 'moosing' noise - P E
My 2001 Y reg Mondeo 2.0l petrol makes a strange noise when the engine is switched off. For approximately 2 seconds a definate moosing noise can be heared. I guess it could be a belt but when I have been listening in the engine bay I am unable to tell where the noise is coming from.

I hear the noise occasionally when turning the wheels when the car is staionary and the revs dip a little (due to the power steering). Could the noise and the power steering be linked?

The car has done 117500 miles.

Any suggestions most welcome.
Mondeo zetec 'moosing' noise - Dynamic Dave

When my mates old Rover 200 "mooed" it was traced to the fuel tank venting pressure through the tank breather.
I hope it is something like that. Come to think of it there is a partial vacuum present when I unscrew the fuel filler cap. I can hear air rushing in.
Mondeo zetec 'moosing' noise - cheddar
Could it be air con, i.e. is it only when the air con is switched on?
I thought that but it occurs irrespective of the aircon being on or off.
Mondeo zetec 'moosing' noise - Imagos
Only noise i've ever heard from my Mondeo after switching off is the air-con gurgling. It's perfectly normal. Whilst is doing this try moving about the airflow control switch on facia. You should get some sort of change in the sound.

Quite normal and nothing to worry about..
Mondeo zetec 'moosing' noise - Glyn
Hi,

If its any consolation I have exactly the same problem. My car is a 2.0l petrol 02 reg, but has only done 41K miles. My garage believes it is air being sucked in the intake manifold but without stripping the engine cant find anything obvious. I have no other sysmptoms. The only info I can find on the web is on mad moles site where it says ealy Duratec Engines did suffer from moosing sound due to resonance in the air intake system, to which apparently FORDs have a fix, albeit not simple. Pleae let me know if you find out any more. I will try a few other garages to see if they recognise the problem.
Mondeo zetec 'moosing' noise - v8man
My wifes old Rover 214 mooed so she called it Daisy!
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Mondeo zetec 'moosing' noise - Civic8
Its common on sealed petrol systems,when the vacuum reaches a certain point the valve on filler cap opens to let air in,some systems/cars have them above the fuel tank rather than in cap
--
Steve