Citroen AX alloys - philpalmer
I've been given some Citroen AX alloys from a friend who used to have a GT model.
Can I fit them on my standard AX?

The new wheels are 155R14 and the ones on my car are 155R13

I'm not sure what this means?
Citroen have this odd suspension so I think if the wheels are bigger it may not fit on the hub.

Can anyone help?

Thankyou
Citroen AX alloys - Dynamic Dave
The new wheels are 155R14 and the ones on my
car are 155R13
I'm not sure what this means?

The numbers 13 and 14 refer to the diameter of the wheel (in inches). The 155 number is the width of the wheel (in millimetres)
Citroen have this odd suspension so I think if the wheels
are bigger it may not fit on the hub.

It depends on the size of the tyres that are fitted to the 14 inch wheels. If the side profile of the tyre is less than the side profile of the 13 inch wheels, then the total diameter of both the wheel and tyre *could* be exactly the same.

Might help if you come back and post the tyre sizes.
Citroen AX alloys - philpalmer
I got the 155R13/155R14 from the tyre

Thanks!
Citroen AX alloys - Carse
Phil,

They should fit the vehicleas long as they have the same stud pattern (4 studs versus 3 etc?), although you do have two issues to eliminate.

Do they offer enough clearance ensuring they do not foul the wheel arches at full lock?

But more importantly they are a 1 inch diameter bigger than you current wheels so they may make you speedo inaccurate, because for every turn of the wheel you are actually travelling further and therefore quicker.

I have attached a link to allow you to assess any issues with the speedo.

www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Ca***

Citroen AX alloys - Adam {P}
Ca***, how come the swear filter blocked your signature this time but not the one on the 1st November?
--
Adam
Citroen AX alloys - Mark (RLBS)
Because I interfered and corrected it last time, but unlike some I have a life away from the computer and only just found this one. 8-)

Not gonna do it now: [sulk]
Mark.
Citroen AX alloys - Adam {P}
Blimey that was quick. Do you get a text message when a dodgy word is used? :-)

Are you implying I don't have a life? Well....you'd be right. In my defence - this is a week off Uni to catch up with some work. Just so happens - I work at my desk and the BR is a distraction. So looking at it this way, I think it's your fault if I don't get my first...;-)

--
Adam