Mist in headlamp - Seat Ibiza. - WipeOut
My wife has a 2002 Seat Ibiza under warranty. The headlamp is misted with water. The garage seems to think this is acceptable. I can't see how a headlamp can function properly like this. Won't it rust at some point? I thought they were supposed to be water tight. What do you think?

Cheers WipeOut
Mist in headlamp - SjB {P}
Early Volvo S80 models have the same problem, my father's included. Both of his headlamps have misted up since the car was just over a year old, and now at over five years, they're just the same.

With plastic reflectors inside a plastic shell, there has been no degradation of performance, but they certainly look unsightly when cold (when warm, the water evaporates). For this reason alone, I would have asked for them to be replaced if it was my car, and would do the same in your shoes.
Mist in headlamp - henry k
Early Volvo S80 models have the same problem, my father's included.
Both of his headlamps have misted up since the car
was just over a year old, and now at over five
years, they're just the same.
With plastic reflectors inside a plastic shell, there has been no
degradation of performance, but they certainly look unsightly when cold (when
warm, the water evaporates). For this reason alone, I would
have asked for them to be replaced if it was my
car, and would do the same in your shoes.

Some earlier Focus have the same problem.
There is a thread on it.
On My Focus I just left the rear cover off the problem light to allow more ventilation.
Mist in headlamp - Seat Ibiza. - Dynamic Dave
Won't it rust at some point?

Nope. Everything's plastic these days.

But yes, they shouldn't have water in them. Garage is wrong to think this is acceptable.
Mist in headlamp - Seat Ibiza. - VR6
If you let this continue the silver relfective coating to the inside of the light will start to peel and turn a nasty orange colour. Its happened on my VW, so might be the same for our Seat. Some people either seal the light up with a flexible sealant or put in a sachet of silica gel(?) to absorb any water.
Mist in headlamp - Seat Ibiza. - Dalglish
The garage seems to think this is acceptable.

>>

they would say that, wouldn't they?

tell them in writing it is a mot failure, illegal, dangerous, etc. and that you will hold them liable for any consequences arising from their failure to fix this unroadworthy car.

Mist in headlamp - Seat Ibiza. - WipeOut
Thanks everyone.

I'm going to take the car to another dealer and get them to replace it.

Thanks WipeOut