Tracking on Mk2 Rover 200 - MarkSmith
Hi all,

I have a Mk2 Rover 200 (coupe turbo, but I think this is common across the range) and it wears the front tyres (standard wheels and suspension) more heavily around the inside edges that the outside. It's a very marked difference - they were actually completely bald on the inside and still well within tolerance on the outside. (It's not terribly easy to see the insides so I didn't even know this until it failed the MOT - I'd never normally compromise on such a safety issue!)

Last time I had the tracking checked, the guy told me it was out, but that it was not adjustable. But I have heard the opposite from other sources, so is it possible to adjust this? Anyone know from experience? What's the jist of the job?

(Also, what is the name of the setting I need to adjust? Is it the camber?)

Thanks!
-Mark
Tracking on Mk2 Rover 200 - Civic8
>>Last time I had the tracking checked, the guy told me it was out, but that it was not adjustable. But I have heard the opposite from other sources, so is it possible to adjust this? Anyone know from experience? What's the jist of the job?

Yes it is adjustable..Surprised you was told this.
Very simple job. All that needs to done tracking guage put on wheels. they then check how far out/in the tracking is..Undo track rod end nuts. then equally adjust track rods untill its right..Only problem that may occur is if the nuts wont release
--
Steve
Tracking on Mk2 Rover 200 - Dynamic Dave
(Also, what is the name of the setting I need to
adjust? Is it the camber?)

They need to adjust the amount of toe in/out. If the wheels are toeing in too far, then the outside edge(s) will wear, toeing out and the inside edge(s) will wear. Normally it will wear one tyre more than the other.

Yes, the camber could be out, but more likely the tracking.
Tracking on Mk2 Rover 200 - MarkSmith
Thanks chaps. I'll get the tracking checked and see how it goes.

(It's unfortunate that you have to wait a couple of years to find if it's worked, and then shell out £400 for new tyres if it didn't!)

-Mark