Price of diesel v petrol [Ireland] - Moosh
I have been comparing the price of diesel v petrol in the Republic of Ireland. Currently diesel is about 42p* a litre with petrol around 11p more expensive.

There are two reasons for this anomaly;

[1] The Irish road haulage lobby gained a 6p reduction in diesel last year from their government.
[2] Petrol and Diesel is dispensed from the usual filling stations. But importantly diesel not petrol can be purchased also at lorry depots, coal and home heating distribution yards. [allowable due to less stringent safety rules i.e. ?overground? diesel storage tanks]

As a result diesel is sold in a really cut price environment thus benefiting the diesel motorist with much cheaper fuel.

Could this ever happen in the UK?

*UK price equivalent
Re: Price of diesel v petrol [Ireland] - Tony
Sounds good,but the Irish people that i do business with always say to me that 'you Brits allways look for a hundred reasons why you cant do something,in Ireland we just get on and do the job'They are usually right!Can you imagine that working in the UK.
Re: Price of diesel v petrol [Ireland] - ChrisR
Tony wrote:

>in Ireland we just get on and do the job

I wish someone would tell my Irish builder that's how it works. I agree we Brits always look for a hundred reasons why we can't do something. But in my experience the Irish can always find a hundred things they'd rather be doing. One is a lot more fun than the other, but the effect is the same.

Chris