Renault Clio Window Seal - Galaxy
Someone has attempted to steal my niece's "P" reg Renault Clio.

They didn't succeed in taking the car, but have managed to damage the outer rubber seal at the bottom of the drivers door window. The window itself appears to be OK.

I don't know very much about Clio's, I'm sorry to say, so I wonder whether a kind person on here can please tell me how to replace the lower outer seal.

Do I just lever it upwards with something like a screwdriver against the top of the door, or is there more holding the seal on than just clips?

What about the door mirror? Does the seal pass below it, you can't really see with it in place? If so, do I have to remove the mirror, and how is it fixed? Do I have to remove the inner trim or other parts of the door to do this job?

Would be very grateful for any help offered.

Many Thanks,

Galaxy

Renault Clio Window Seal - AR-CoolC
Nice easy job this one.

Wind the window down, and as you say just lever the trim up, its a press fit.
The door frame is most probably bent out of shape slightly, but you should be able to straighten it with a pair of pliers or similar. Remember to paint over any paint that flakes off.
With the new trim in hand you should be able to slide the front bit under the door mirror trim, and then evenly press the rest home.
I don't know what the price of the new trim will be as they tend to be either stupidly expensive or dirt cheap. But I'm sure a replacement should be easily found in a scrappy, just tacke care removing one from a car as they bend easily (as you can see already).

(Glass-Tech)
Renault Clio Window Seal - Galaxy
Many thanks, AR-CoolC, an excellent reply telling me just what I wanted to know. Well done!

Galaxy