Rover 45/420 electric mirrors - Roverjim88
My son has replaced the electric mirrors on his 2ltr petrol Rover 420 P.reg with electric mirrors from a Rover 45. Whilst the mirror motors and control circuitry appear to be similar they will only move vertically or horizontally depending on the position of the three wires when connected. Are the Motors and/or the Control Switches different on the 45 and 420? What modifications are necessary to rectify the problem?
Rover 45/420 electric mirrors - Civic8
Not certain of wiring code for rover 45. P reg was of the tourer or estate.Not saloon/hatch. This car wasnt made after 95.Tourer was till 98 as I recall..DL may know better. though doubt 45 wiring will be the same.
--
Steve
Rover 45/420 electric mirrors - DL
I can't see it being different; I have fitted 25 mirrors to a 200 with no electrical problems before.

You are sure the control switch is OK, yeah?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Rover 45/420 electric mirrors - Civic8
Apart from what DL said. May be a lazy motor on the mirror. If you can either see the mirror trying to move/hear it..Try gently pressing the mirror in direction you wish it to go.While pressing control switch..Fraid the motors on these were not the best..If there is no movement at all while doing this. Is either as DL said. or more likely mirror motor..Never known an electrical fault to cause it??
--
Steve