Drivers legroom - Chris Hollis
I am 6ft 5ins tall and am trying to find a car with enough legroom. My old Cavalier is Ok as it does not have a foot rest by the clutch pedal.
All new cars tried so far ALL have these footrests which restricts the way I can stretch my left leg out. I do not want a Vectra.
Any Ideas please?
Re: Drivers legroom - honestjohn
The VW Passat was voted good by the 7' something president of the Tall Person's Society. If you don't like the clutch foot rest, these can usually be removed.

HJ
Re: Drivers legroom - Tim Guymer
Or try a Peugeot 206 - sat in one in the motorshow. Had a very long adjustment in the one I tried. No leg room behind the drivers seat mind.

Tim (6ft 4)
Re: Drivers legroom - Tristan Chaize
What about public transport?
Ford Scorpio - Phillip Hopkins
Am I the only one who thinks the Scorpio range was the best yet from Ford. I know the shape is a little quirky, but what does that matter when you are in the driving seat.

For comfort, refinement, terrefic value second hand and sheer driving pleaseure I reckon its hard to beat, especially the 24valve version.

Why ever did Ford withdraw it? Down here in the West Country there seem to be loads about. Volvos are hardly a raelistic alternative.