Vectra V6 Diesel - runboy
I've just been looking at Vectra's. Due to heavy early depreciation, top-range models are cheap.

But just what is the V6 diesel Vectra like-is it better or worse than the V6 petrol (I'm looking at an auto box).

Or would the 2 litre turbo be better suited?
Or ir the 2.2 petrol any good-reviews would suggest it is the best balance.

The 3.0 V6 diesel doesn't offer much better MPG than the 3.2 V6 petrol...so why bother with the diesel?....
Vectra V6 Diesel - Dynamic Dave
Or is the 2.2 petrol any good

No complaints from me. I owned an X reg Vectra 2.2 auto for just over 3½ yrs, and now driving a 53 reg Vectra 2.2 auto.

Forum search will tell you more.
DD
Cheers. I did look through the forum search but couldn't find much on the big diesel engine.

How do you find the auto box? Is it a 5 speeder? And does it have the sequential/self-shift bit as standard, or is it just a normal bog standard auto?

Vectra V6 Diesel - Dynamic Dave
How do you find the auto box? Is it a 5
speeder? And does it have the sequential/self-shift bit as standard, or
is it just a normal bog standard auto?

My previous Vectra(B) had a standard 4 speed auto with the traditional P,R,N,D,3,2,1 configuration, with a sport button.

My current Vectra(C) has a 5 speed auto box with just P,R,N,D. If you want to change gear manually, you slide the gearstick left and then it becomes a tiptronic type gearbox. You also get an LED display on the dash informing you what gear you're in. No sport button, although you don't need it.

The latest diesel (the 1.9 litre 150PS) has a 6 speed auto box. Not sure if the 1.9 litre 120PS also has the 6 speed box or not.

Vectra V6 Diesel - cheddar
Reckon the V6 diesel willbe much more economical in day to day driving, should average 40mpg versus 28 ish, plus be more gutsy at low revs. That being said many 2.0 diesels produces almost as much torque as the V6 Vectra diesel and do up to 10 mpg more.
Vectra V6 Diesel - Truckosaurus
The same V6 diesel can be found in the Isuzu Trooper and Saab 9-5.
The Trooper!?

Mmmmm, just brings to mind some rattle old thing...but if SAAB and Vauxhall use it, then it must be ok.