discovery 3 - defender
still not convinced about its looks but I was lucky enough to be invited to test drive the new discovery range,its very impressive on road holding and its performance off road is exellent Much quieter than the td5 ,the 6 cylinder 6 speed box manual does 70 at 2000 rpm and a very good gear change and the auto is well matched,the v8 petrol performance is superb ,on the little twisty road it was almost too powerful but on the dual carraigeway it has more go than anything else Ive tried .better seats, more leg room in the back and surely this will be a winner.has anyone else tried it yet or what do you think it of its looks
discovery 3 - Pugugly {P}
I am trying to convince SWMBO that the 3 is a figment of her imagination. She wants one. There is a glint in her eye whenever it falls on the Landie...I fear for it.
discovery 3 - NowWheels
Of course it's a figment of her imagination. Surely she doesn't think that anyone would seriously try selling a monster weighing 2.5 tonnes as family transport?
discovery 3 - Aprilia
>>the v8 petrol performance is superb ,on the little twisty road it was almost too powerful

Indeed!
discovery 3 - Imagos
Another Discovery thread if your interested.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=25230&...f
discovery 3 - Sofa Spud
The heart says 'yes' to the new Disco, but not the head!

Nice new economical V6 diesel - great - means we can make a bigger, heavier Disco!

Many 40+ tonne artics makes do with just one driven axle out of six. Their drive axle can take up to 11 tonnes, or around 25% of the vehicle's gross weight. That leaves 75% of the vehicle's weight carried by non-driven axles.

2 wheel drive cars carry something around 50%, usually a bit more, on their driven wheels. That goes down a bit if the car is heavily loaded. So is 4 wheel drive necessary on any car that is bought for road use? Probably it's useful if you tow a heavy caravan.

I had always intended to buy a 200TDi Disco to replace my old Land Rover, but then I discovered Tdi motoring VW style, as in 1.9 - say no more!

Cheers, Sofa Spud