Pre-reg ford focus or wait for focus2? - robbieT
There seem to be some 'good deals' on 54 pre-reg focus 1.6 zetec for roughly £10,200.
My question is should I go for
i) pre-reg for 10K
ii)53/04 for £8/9K
iii) Wait to see deal on 'new' focus at end of Dec.

Any thoughts?
Any one know any better Focus deals?
Many thanks
Pre-reg ford focus or wait for focus2? - regent
I would have thought as soon as the new Focus comes out, values of the old one will plummet. So, if it were me, I'd wait a few months for some deals on the new one especially from those nice people at the car supermarkets.

TTFN
Pre-reg ford focus or wait for focus2? - Carse
Robbie,

Trade Sales have pre-reg 1.6 Zetec's (delivery milage) for between £8,999 and £9,999 depending on specification.

Carse
Pre-reg ford focus or wait for focus2? - Adam {P}
It's all down to taste but are you sure you'd want a new Focus just for the sake of owning a new Focus?

Personally, and I know a lot of people who would agree with me, I think it's one of the biggest mistakes Ford will make (looks wise - I'm told it will handle fantastically).

Needless to say, I'm sure when it comes out, you will get some blinding deals on the 'old' ones.
--
Adam
Sorry - should be more clear - I mean

"Are you sure you'd want THE new focus for the sake of owning the new one?"

One word makes all the difference!
--
Adam
I am will probably buy a used Focus but I am trying to hang on as long as possible with my clapped out old car to drive the prices down a bit.
On another tack, does anyone have any thoughts on Ford's Warranties? I have heard that they can be a bit variable.
Pre-reg ford focus or wait for focus2? - Sprice
The new Focus is apparently better overall, although not so much of a driver's car as one magazine quoted, so sounds as though its been tamed! Bear in mind also that it is 5 inches wider than outgoing model, so if you have a garage, check it will fit!
Thanks for the comments chaps.
Just viewed a 04 zetec 1.6 12k miles at a dealer for £8499. Looks a nice car. Sound about right?
Pre-reg ford focus or wait for focus2? - cheddar
Focus is an excellent car to drive though 1.6 is not that quick, 1.8 or 2.0 much more gutsy though not quite as crisp an engine as the 1.6. 2.0 (petrol) and 1.8 TDCi 115 (diesel) have rear disc brakes, probably better to get nearly new 2.0 or TDCi Ghia as opposed to a new 1.6 Zetec.
One last question(just like Columbo)

Is the climate pack worth having?
I have a choice of 04/04 1.6 Zetec with a/c for £8400
or a couple of 04/53's with climate pack for around the same.
My usual mantra is 'Don't pay for something you don't really want', but the quickclear thing looks like a nice feature.
Any thoughts?
cheers
Pre-reg ford focus or wait for focus2? - Wales Forester
Climate Pack means A/C, Quickclear, heated electric mirrors, it's a must from a practical point of view and also when you come to sell no-one wants a car without aircon these days.

PP
Pre-reg ford focus or wait for focus2? - Carse
Another addition that has not been mentioned that you get with climate pack is heated wash jets, a must in winter.

Carse
Pre-reg ford focus or wait for focus2? - L'escargot
>>....... but the quickclear thing looks like a nice feature.

Quickclear electrically heated windscreens are brilliant. I hope I never have to have a car without one.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Well you learn somethign new every day. Mine has the climate pack on and I never knew!

Just to echo everyone else, Quickclear is the best thing since....electric windows. This time of year, I think I'd rather have that than any gadget in the car.
--
Adam
I think agree about Quickclear, but I have bougt one without it anyway!
Very pleased with it. Seems quicker than I remember from the test drive.
Thanks for all the comments.
Great news! What spec/reg?
--
Adam