Mini Diesel - Dude - {P}
I quite fancy a Mini diesel for my next car and was wodering if any BR`s own one and if anybody has knowledge of power chips available for this model to boost the meagre 75 bhp/ 180Nm power/torque figures.
Mini Diesel - nortones2
This site may be able to help: www.mini2.com/forum/ The diesel section has some comments on the 1.4 engine, its chipping, and rumours about the 89bhp Toyota variable vane equipped engine.
Mini Diesel - Dude - {P}
Just in case anybody is interested in boosting the power on their Mini diesels, I have checked around and discovered that DMS Automotive can boost the power from 75 bhp to 101 bhp and the torque from 180 Nm to 230 Nm which is quite a considerable increase for a cost of £595 + Vat.

If anybody on the BR has had this tuning carried out, I would like to hear their views on the increased performance and effect on fuel consumption.
Mini Diesel - PW

Does it have to be a Mini? Skoda Fabia or Seat Ibiza with the 130bhp TDI engine are in similar price range- and will have much better performance.

Mini Diesel - Dude - {P}
Having run a Golf GTi in the past and had appalling problems with VW servicing, I vowed I will never touch another VAG group car with a barge pole.

The car had only covered 11k miles when purchased and the engine would just die without any warning. After repeated attempts the local Main $tealer was unable to fix it and I sold it at a considerable loss - (3k in 6 months) - so don`t intend to get caught a second time.

Incidentally DMS Automotive only deal with quality cars such as Porsche BMW & Mercedes.