Vehicle Safety Recalls - holly1
Is there any quick way of finding out if a vehicle which has been part of a safety recall has actually had the work done? Knowing how long garages take, I dont want to book it in, go without for a day or so only to be told the work had already been done.
Thanks

Vehicle Safety Recalls - Adam {P}
This probably doesn't help otherwise you'd know but I thought you got little slips or "certificates" indicating that the work has been done. There are 2 in my car manual for an alternator and something else which I can't remember!
--
Adam
Given what you say its likely it has not been done, because there are no certificates or anything. The previous owner definately didnt get the work done, she only had the car for a few months before she got a company vehicle so sold it on as it was no longer needed. The recall took place before she bought it - to be honest she was unaware any recall had taken place.
Vehicle Safety Recalls - martint123
Usually on the recall notice there is a phone number. I've found that they are usually very efficient if you call with reg or vin number and ask if it's been done.

I know that on my bike they punch a dot or star above or below the x'th digit of the frame or engine number to indicate a particular recall has been carried out.

Martin
Thanks Martin. Still got the recall notice for my hubbies car so I will check the phone no. on that and give them a call.
Vehicle Safety Recalls - Number_Cruncher
There is usually some means of quickly telling if a recall has been done.

Sometimes, it is as simple as the black box is replaced by a green box - really easy to check.

If nothing visually obviuos, or something difficult to access is modified, there is usually some mark applied. Among many possibilities, it may be a certain coloured paint spot in a particular location, or indeed a dot punch mark.

There is a website which may help.

www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

number_cruncher