Ford focus heater - JH1
A friend of mine owns a W-reg focus that gives her little trouble. However, this morning she recons that despite running the engine for approx 20mins, the heater only blew out cold air. I asked if there wwas any signs of water leakage, suspecting that there was a hole in the heater matrix, but there isnt any sign of a leak.

Does anyone think that it will be the thermostat packing in?

Any idea's most welcome..

Ta

JH
Ford focus heater - Dynamic Dave

What was the temperature gauge on the dash registering?
Ford focus heater - Reggie
This once happened to me, and the cause was a low coolant level in the cooling system, due to a pin hole leak in a hose, and there wasn't enough coolant left to supply the heater matrix, as it is high up in "the system". I couldn't understand how after 5 or 6 miles, the heater was still blowing cold.
I must have caught it just in time as the engine ran fine afterwards, even though it took a lot of coolant.
Has the coolant level been checked.

Reggie
Ford focus heater - Victorbox
Same happened to me after my water pump sprung a small leak. Several miles of no heater output on a cold day was the early warning I received that the coolant level was very low.
Ford focus heater - JH1
I'm not sure about the temp on the guage, i asked her and she didnt know.. same goes for the coolant level..

looks like im gonna have to check it out for myself.. i'll run it to normal temp and then check for leaks etc after work

JH