Mazda 323 2001 ..what do you think? - A2B
Looking at this car thinking pretty good buy.(2001, 20,000 miles £5,700) Has anyone got one and how do you like it?
Version 1.6 LXI
Any advice apprecisted.
Mazda 323 2001 ..what do you think? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
SWMBO bought her sister's cast off 2001 GSI 1.6 at a reasonable price and has been pleased with it. Rear seat adjustment is amazing- but maybe pointless in most cases..
No problems and pleasant to drive with powerful aircon.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Mazda 323 2001 ..what do you think? - Dude - {P}
Mazda are not at the top of most reliability surveys by chance, but through their superb engineering.

My sister runs a 323 but with the 2 litre GT engine and has found it utterly reliable and approx 32 mpg. Her only complaint re the design, is the lack of lumber support in the front seats.
Mazda 323 2001 ..what do you think? - BMDUBYA
2.0 16v turbo diesel, superb car, seating is very painful on long journeys, lack of lumbar support, see my previous thread www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=25...2
Mazda 323 2001 ..what do you think? - expat
I have a 99 1.6LX manual which I bought new and have put 74,000km on. It has been great. It had two faults when new - the boot light wouldn't work, faulty earth, and a rattle on the trim of the hatch. Both fixed under warranty. I have had no trouble with this car at all. It is the most reliable car I have ever had. The station wagon type design of the rear makes it very spacious and easy to carry big loads.

I agree with other correspondents about the front seats. You might need to buy a support cushion or even replace the seats with after market ones. Buy one for sure. It is a great car.