Golf 03 water leak - shoei
I have a leak in the boot of my Golf. I took it to the VW dealer for its service and told them of the leak but they said they could not find anything, well its there and its wet. Does anyone know of a problem with leaks in the boot area? Its nearside corner of the boot coming under the plastic trim at the rear.
Golf 03 water leak - Dynamic Dave
Usual causes of a wet boot (any car, not necessarily a Golf) are a leaky light cluster seal, or a leak through the rear wiper pivot that pokes out of the bodywork.

Climb in the boot and get someone to spray water at the obvious places while you look to see where the leak is coming from.
Golf 03 water leak - Peter D
Had a mystery one of these and after checking light clusters and boot seal it still kept getting wet. Finally traced it to a leaking seam just under the roof black O/S strip ( 3 Door ). The water was dripping in running round the fascia and out of the rear seat belt aperture and dripping down onto the side panel that supports the parcel shelf then down into the boot. Good Luck. Regards Peter
Golf 03 water leak - Peter D
Sorry did not finish the story. Problem fixed with an injection of silicon rubber body sealant. Regards Peter
Golf 03 water leak - Halmer
I'd agree that the best way to find out where it's coming in is to get someone to observe with the back seats down whilst you give it a good hosing.

Start low down each side and work up. If you start high up it may enter the car at a lower level and mislead you. I spent last weekend with my brother in law doing a similar thing on his Mk 3 Golf. Trouble was that it was easy to see where it was appearing at the front footwell but still difficult to identify the exact point of entry.

Good luck.
Golf 03 water leak - chris2

Is it water or screenwash ? The pipe has a habit of coming loose either at the lock or at joint inside rear pillar trim.